Starting new F-Class in Pa

B

brudford

LIve here in Western PA ,Wanting to start a F-class league at our club . We only have a Rifle Range that is 300 yards . Must F-Class be shot at 1000 yards to be sanctione by the NRA . Anywhere in the North Eastern part of the country 1000 yard ranges are very rare ?

Where are you at in western Pa? Go to Readerange.org for 1000 yard info. Greensburg sportsmans also has a 500 yard match, I don't know thier web address.

I sent them my info, never heard back from anyone...I think once they find out it takes some money to get up and going they cave in.

I know that if wasn't for a select few that help at our Club we wouldn't have any NRA Matches, the Club likes Fast, Easy Cash, like Campers.

I know of a lot of shooters that would love to have closer ranges near Greensburg, Pa. instead of traveling 2 or more hours. For me to go to two of my favorite ranges this year will be a $100.00 this year, easy, if I don't stop to eat on the way home.

Brudford Where were you thinkink of running this?

Arshuter does Mckeesport still shoot NRA matchs? There is another 500M plus range in SWPA at McDonald if a group is looking for somewhere to hold matchs contact the club.

I haven't heard anyone mention McKeesport. I'll have to check I know a member there.

I know of a lot of shooters that would love to have closer ranges near Greensburg, Pa. instead of traveling 2 or more hours. For me to go to two of my favorite ranges this year will be a $100.00 this year, easy, if I don't stop to eat on the way home.

Yup traveling cost is a factor, for me it can include a $28 Ferry Ride over Lake Champlain, or Tolls on the Ike highway system, plus gas here is now $4.39/gal. and going up every day. Just to practice it's a 20 mile one way drive.

We just started a F-Class here this summer at our club in Warrendale PA about 15 miles north of Pittsburgh .

You people back east really have it hard. I am smack dab in the middle of some of the best F-Class shooting in the country. It is 450 miles west to Phoenix and 450 miles north to Raton, NM, if I want to shoot any F-Class. I feel for you :)

I just couldn't resist.

79N past the 279 exit about 3 miles right exit says Warrendale . Bottom of exit make right . Go across Rt. 19 at light make first left and then first right . We have about a 1000 members and 220 acres . 4- trap fields , 1- skeet field, indoor archery range and a new large club house . Have a 100 , 200 and 300 yard rifle range all covered under a roof with nice wood benches . I talked a couple of the members into starting a F-Class league who had been running a CMP and NRA rifle league . Believe it or not no one had ever heard of F-class . Western PA is all about archery , trap , plastic tupperware pistols and black plastic rifles You guys out west have it nice with all your rifle leagues . We have only had one shoot and will be starting the F-class back-up in the spring . Keep in contact , your welcome to come out and shoot with us .

I have received several PM's from folks about the new F-Class league that was started at Northside Sporstmen Assoiation in Warrendale PA .
Warrendale exit off of 79 North right before the Cranberry exit . I think there were only 1-2 shoots of neither I was at because of work . The gentlemen
that stated this league has the same name as myself . I will not mention any names until I speak with him to get his permission . This is a start-up
league and will resume in the early spring . I think there were only about 4-8 shooters at the first shoot . There seems to be some interest in our area from the PM's I received . Keep in contact with me, e-mail is bmiller9@yahoo.com . Would like to see some of you in the spring and maybe we can get this league to really grow .

Back