South Dakota Bill

dmort

Just read that these folks are putting together a bill that would make the state exempt from some federal laws. It covers land use, gun control laws among others.

Mort

My wife sent the article to both of our state senators.....see what kind of response we get.

Mort

Just read that these folks are putting together a bill that would make the state exempt from some federal laws. It covers land use, gun control laws among others.

Mort

I believe the only way to get out of Federal laws is to get out of U.S. We’ll see how this works out. It’s like the Mafia only one way out!!

not exactly true.
a union of 50 states...
states rights
fed ONLY WHEN THE "item" is larger than the state, civil rights...
but any state can have a pipeline thru its state. and any a joining state can have its state pipeline.
states will have to fund.

I believe the only way to get out of Federal laws is to get out of U.S. We’ll see how this works out. It’s like the Mafia only one way out!!

A similar bill is in Alabama

not exactly true.
a union of 50 states...
states rights
fed ONLY WHEN THE "item" is larger than the state, civil rights...
but any state can have a pipeline thru its state. and any a joining state can have its state pipeline.
states will have to fund.

But that only keeps Alabama law enforcement from enforcing the law. Of course, The feds can come in without help from our police

just not true.
what a state does inside the state is not controlled by the feds( except as a large thing like civil rights, i'd say
voting rights but we just saw that is all bs)
look at marijuana laws. in some states the feds are on their own, no back up from the state.
wy or montana has a gun mfg law that says made in state sold in state screw the batfe.

if you want to listen to those that lie to you be my guest.

But that only keeps Alabama law enforcement from enforcing the law. Of course, The feds can come in without help from our police

When a State accepts Federal monies (highway projects, etc, etc), they tie themselves to certain Federal government regulations.

Don't think so? Look at the DUI laws in every State. The Per-se BAC Level of .08 that's State law in all 50 states is mandated by the Federal government for any State receiving Federal Highway Fund money. Which is all of them.

Can't have it both ways. -Al

I seem to remember that certain states governors and mayors (CA & OR) refused to follow federal regulations, ie protection of federal property
and follow federal immigration laws with out consequences. I'm now all for NOT following anything that MORON in the white house mandates!!
Regards,

Joe McNeill
SW Arkansas

Last edited:
the eisenhower interstate system, you know all those big hiways with 'I"s in them I95, I80 are part of a federal system bit NOT SIPPORTED fairly WITH FED TAX DOLLARS. THE INTENT AND THE CURRENT IMPLIMENTATION CLEARLY SHOW that no you do not have to be part of big governments "plans" since day one one state (ohio??) made their interstate a TOLL ROAD forcing everyone to pay for a fed project.
you just have to have the balls to stand up and say NO.

ITS BEEN DONE BEFORE
When a State accepts Federal monies (highway projects, etc, etc), they tie themselves to certain Federal government regulations.

Don't think so? Look at the DUI laws in every State. The Per-se BAC Level of .08 that's State law in all 50 states is mandated by the Federal government for any State receiving Federal Highway Fund money. Which is all of them.

Can't have it both ways. -Al

States Rights

the eisenhower interstate system, you know all those big hiways with 'I"s in them I95, I80 are part of a federal system bit NOT SIPPORTED fairly WITH FED TAX DOLLARS. THE INTENT AND THE CURRENT IMPLIMENTATION CLEARLY SHOW that no you do not have to be part of big governments "plans" since day one one state (ohio??) made their interstate a TOLL ROAD forcing everyone to pay for a fed project.
you just have to have the balls to stand up and say NO.

ITS BEEN DONE BEFORE

Read post #8 again. If i remember correctly South Dakota was the poster child for this situation. Went thru the Federal Court system. D. C. is the states sugar daddy, hell the D. C. is everyones sugar daddy. The word FAIR is up to debate by ever politician. I'm from planet earth.

Best way to change is by not voting those in like kind to those we now have in DC into office and all of those out including the states. Every state wants the same its the big cities who keep voting these same folks in and to get special entitlements that no one deserves when it can all be earned on their own as I, my parents and others have always done.

For Freedom to RING. WE ALL need to get rid of those Dominion voting machines. It's going to be tough.
They have been in MI for 20 yrs and look what we got.....It's kinda funny. If you don't do an update. The machines run fine.....
Our State Legislature is Repub. But, that will change.....as the cheating continues.

Trump won 2020. +100 Million votes.....

Missouri County Nullifies Federal Gun Statutes, Outlaws Enforcement Of 2A Infringements

Good luck. If the Feds wanted to come into any state and enforce federal law you will need some serious lawyers to beat them. Try not paying federal income tax.

Last edited:
Voting

For Freedom to RING. WE ALL need to get rid of those Dominion voting machines. It's going to be tough.
They have been in MI for 20 yrs and look what we got.....It's kinda funny. If you don't do an update. The machines run fine.....
Our State Legislature is Repub. But, that will change.....as the cheating continues.

Trump won 2020. +100 Million votes.....

Everyone needs to watch Mike Lindell video documentary on the election. It seems to be getting more difficult to locate. It's is subject matter experts describing what happened November 3 2020. Cyber Security experts and other. One was a Dominion employee.

It's two hours long so one might need a potty break , for you old guys.

Succession of states

The Nation settled the issue back in 1865 of States wishing to break away and become their own Country.

States can succeed. But then........

Honestly, I don’t know what the real situation is when it comes to States vs The United States. The last Amendment in the Bill of Rights, the Tenth, seems to be totally ignored on a regular basis.

https://www.google.com/search?q=tenth+amendment&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

Jackie your the second person i've seen that describes the Civil War as the war of succession. The first was a man that i worked with for many years who grew up in North Carolina. The public school system describes it as the war to end slavery. Thank you for the information.

The federal government can only act on what the constitution and bill of rights provide. All else is states' domain. At least that is what I remember from my school law professor. Hopefully I remembered it correctly. As previously mentioned, even though those documents may not provide an in for the feds, they get around such legal shortcoming by holding states hostage with well-to-do federal programs. For example, the constitution says nothing about public education so the feds decide to offer supplemental resources for feeding, bussing, etc, which most every state says "oh, how nice! Yes we would like to participate because we would have more money available for our programs." The feds then dictate other programs to the states, such as testing, etc., and if the states fail to implement such programs the feds withhold the monies from the programs that the states had agreed to use. I believe inter-state commerce and/or travel may be in the domain of federal government which provides ample opportunities for hostage taking as well as taxation, which is another topic within their domain. Remember the need to muster troops and pay for government???

I found it disturbing

The federal government can only act on what the constitution and bill of rights provide. All else is states' domain. At least that is what I remember from my school law professor. Hopefully I remembered it correctly. As previously mentioned, even though those documents may not provide an in for the feds, they get around such legal shortcoming by holding states hostage with well-to-do federal programs. For example, the constitution says nothing about public education so the feds decide to offer supplemental resources for feeding, bussing, etc, which most every state says "oh, how nice! Yes we would like to participate because we would have more money available for our programs." The feds then dictate other programs to the states, such as testing, etc., and if the states fail to implement such programs the feds withhold the monies from the programs that the states had agreed to use. I believe inter-state commerce and/or travel may be in the domain of federal government which provides ample opportunities for hostage taking as well as taxation, which is another topic within their domain. Remember the need to muster troops and pay for government???

to hear that for some, the School provides the only food some children receive. How can this be when we have an army of state paid social workers in every state? What do they actually do? In my opinion, parenthood requires proper treatment of children to include feeding them. If that is true then why is it the responsibility off schools to feed kids?

Pete

Back