Smiley Hensley Passed away

I don't remember ever attending a match at Rockingham or Unaka that Smiley wasn't there. Always cheerful, willing to help anyone. Sad news indeed.

I’m just about to the point I don’t want to look at a post where someone’s name is listed on the subject. It seems anymore it always the same thing. We’ve lost another great benchrest shooter and another good friend. Sad times. R. I. P. Smiley. Matches certainly won’t be the same.

Smiley was surely a good one. Tough competitor to say the very least! Generally speaking, if you beat Smiley, you done good...

Smiley was a good man

One of my best memories of Smiley was how every year at the Super Shoot he and Louella took Sal Vetimiglia (Shooters Choice) "under their wing" and helped him all week. Several times Smiley would spend a good part of his practice days, tuning Sal's gun , and Sal had a couple of Very good barrels. But, invariably, by about the second match of the day Sal would HAVE to tinker with the load, as Smiley had it tuned. The results were predictable, and Smiley would be fuming at Sal, but the next year they would still be there; helping Sal .
RIP to Smiley, condolences and best wishes to Louella.

Sorry to get this news and,

it has been another bad season for the BR community. Smiley was a great ambassador for the shooting sports...always willing to share his knowledge and techniques to any who asked. Gonna miss his good nature and smile and watch his pop-up trailer arrive at a match. Condolences to Luella and the Hensley family.

RIP Smiley.

I will sure miss seeing and talking with Smiley. The sound of his voice as he told a story will never be forgotten. RIP my friend.

I am surely saddened by the passing of Smiley . I have spent many hrs, talking and loading in same tent with Smiley. He has always given me great advice. Prayers for Ms Louella. RIP great shooter and fierce competitor, great wind flag maker.

At Kelblys Smiley camped on the upper deck but loaded at the pistol range. Traveling back and forth he passed under my awning. One rainy morning he told me about a rainy Super Shoot, he said it was raining when he got out of the truck and raining when he left 10 days later!

A constant reminder

Every time I shoot over your flags (which is always) I will be reminded of you. We have lost another good one. Tim

Back