small test if a chargemaster lite

NOT the electronics.... the plastics, the box, the housing etc.

This is how dumb it is.....

I have a Harrell powder thrower. It AIN'T GOT a power cord! Wipe it down daily with Bounce sheets. Powder all dancin' about inside like kids at gramma's house.....

I taped a piece of wire to the side of the reservoir and stepped the other end down on the concrete floor.

poof

E'body fall down like naptime..... Little Johnny kernel hung on the wall for maybe a second, then he wabbled and dropped.

Thanks Al.........one of your best.

so one thing i did not know going in was that if you let a load sit
it will let you know if it went over.
as was pointed out
it beeps when it is stable as a weight
it then gives a count of the number of charges weighed
and then shows the weight one more time...this is where you can see
an error before using the load.
i just ran h1000( a well known short range powder!)
at 72.6
twice it went over and show that.
the remaining charges were LESS than +/-0.1

looks like the accuracy will work for short range br.

This may have already been stated, but in addition to your thoughts, my Chargemaster becomes much more consistent when I have it near perfectly level. I verified this with Science Scales borrowed from the university.

This may have already been stated, but in addition to your thoughts, my Chargemaster becomes much more consistent when I have it near perfectly level. I verified this with Science Scales borrowed from the university.

I agree. I added a small circular bubble level to the top of the case, next to the pan, and it cycles much better when level. These are available on Amazon, similar to this one:
https://www.amazon.com/Driak-Multipurpose-Circular-Bullseye-Horizon/dp/B071FQK9H3/ref=sr_1_9?crid=2QV3ZRY1LH8KK&keywords=small+round+bubble+level&qid=1552930854&s=gateway&sprefix=round+bubble+levels%2Caps%2C163&sr=8-9

I agree. I added a small circular bubble level to the top of the case, next to the pan, and it cycles much better when level. These are available on Amazon, similar to this one:
https://www.amazon.com/Driak-Multipurpose-Circular-Bullseye-Horizon/dp/B071FQK9H3/ref=sr_1_9?crid=2QV3ZRY1LH8KK&keywords=small+round+bubble+level&qid=1552930854&s=gateway&sprefix=round+bubble+levels%2Caps%2C163&sr=8-9

Yes. I use a level every time I move the unit.

(I'm new to the board. Could you suggest the appropriate board/thread where I can ask a question about purchasing a long range rifle (6mmbra) that I have in mind? I would like your opinion as well.)

trials and tribulations of electronic scales- temp sensitive, air current sensitive, electrical line interference ( FL bulbs-one of biggest culprits) turn on and let electronics stablize prior to use. even those high dollar mechanical lab scales need air current shielding. High dollar check weights are never handled by hand only with tweezers or similar- oil from skin throws them off. from past experience - maybe the new electronic ones are better now.

- maybe the new electronic ones are better now.

They are.

The downside is it is a piece of electronic equipment conjoined with a piece of mechanical equipment.

Sooner or later, something will break. I am waiting untill someone has a big sale on the CMLite. I will buy one as a spare and when something happens to the one I am using now, I will probably just toss it.

I bought one a while back and it worked for about a month. I called, returned it and got a new one within the week. Had some kind of upgrade done to electronics and worked great for the last year plus. I like mine.

MY CHARGE MASTER LITE....
THE SUBJECT OF THIS THREAD
has a level built in.

A test I saw

showed over of a grain difference for five throws. That ain't good enough for me. Another test showed throwing lite charges and trickling up to the desired charge, better but still off by .75 G, not good enough for me either.

Pete

i would suggest a poor test.
i have tested several powders.
br powders were under 0.1
showed over of a grain difference for five throws. That ain't good enough for me. Another test showed throwing lite charges and trickling up to the desired charge, better but still off by .75 G, not good enough for me either.

Pete

Pete

They are obviously doing something wrong.

i looked at several. all were just "this how it works, and they all read the same"
one compared weight to a chargemaster..waste of time

how about a link, or just listen to those of us that use the current version.

Pete, I think there is something wrong with the units used in those tests you read about/completed.

Mine hits an indicated "dead on" 45 or more drops in 50 with every powder I've tried. When charges were checked on a better scale, they were +/-0.05gn of the intended weight. I only checked one in ten of the first 100 drops, and since then I spot check a single random drop every so often for reassurance. I don't check every single charge though, I bought the CM lite to make my reloading easier, not add another piece of equipment to the bench and another step to my process.

Couple notes from my usage:

The scale seems to be incredibly damped and lags the powder dropping. It's important to let the charge sit, as mentioned, until the counter has finished and it shows the weight again at the end.

Biggest thing, and I cannot stress this enough, is to turn the scale on WAY in advance of when you will use it. No less than 20 minutes, as per the directions, but I like to turn it on an hour before with a 50g weight on the platten. I come in after an hour, calibrate it, then immediately start loading.

The CM Lite has been absolutely everything I thought it would be and I find the +/-0.05gn variations are all part of the noise of the real world, but I rarely shoot at paper past 300 yards and I shoot out in windy and open plains, not at a prepared range. My reloads, with this device, have produced numerous groups like this one at 330 yards (odd yardage, I know; I walk the target out and GPS measure on the walk back):

330yds-3.jpg

I think it's just my own excitement at such a phenomenal group forming causing me to wing the last one out and the loads are "perfect".

I'll look at it again

They are obviously doing something wrong.[/QUOTE

When I wrote that I was pretty sure I had written what I saw but it could have been tenths. Anyway, I ain't gonna change anything here. What I saw indicated to me that the test was no better than the machine I have had for years and since i won't settle for anything but exact weights, I guess mine is good enough for me.

Pete

Back