Sleeved Remington Action Questions

M

mark454

Hello to all on Benchrest Central.This is my first post here.My questions pertain to sleeved Remington actions.When an action is sleeved,is the same original serial number stamped onto the sleeve?Can a new serial number be reassigned & stamped on after sleeve installation by the gunsmith?

Also,where are the serial numbers placed on a sleeved action?Do sleeves really help strenghten the action or do they mainly benefit the bedding surface area?

Thanks for your help, mark454

Unless you are licensed as a Manufacturer you can not assign a serial number, and stamping on the sleeve "don't count". Anybody could stamp any old thing they wanted. There's no way to verify it when the original number is covered up.
A slot is left in the sleeve so the actual number on the reciever can be seen.

Hello to all on Benchrest Central.This is my first post here.My questions pertain to sleeved Remington actions.When an action is sleeved,is the same original serial number stamped onto the sleeve?Can a new serial number be reassigned & stamped on after sleeve installation by the gunsmith?

Also,where are the serial numbers placed on a sleeved action?Do sleeves really help strenghten the action or do they mainly benefit the bedding surface area?

As for the ever changing gun laws play safe and cover yourself for the future so mill a see through window through the sleeve.

Yes to both, stiffer and more bedding contact area.

Shoot well
Peter

Mill a slot as stated by the other posts,i have a rem 700 sleeved ,it is a unlimited bag gun in 6 ppc,it shoots as good as my rail gun did with a polar action.

Back