silver snipe repair

alinwa

oft dis'd member
A friend dropped off a Silver Snipe asking me to fix it. I don't know the owner :)

The story is that "he got a little rowdy with his loads" and not just once but until he decided to quit because the gun was rattling apart.

-The ventilated rib is disconnected end to end, rattling. Silver solder has failed.
-side panel filet on both sides of the barrels is loose at least for 3-4" back from the muzzle
-You can see light through the closing gap and feel a little click, oddly enough a .002 feeler jams in the gap. It's not as bad as it looks to me.

I don't need anybody to tell me "OOHhhh that's bad" but am looking for an experienced Beretta gunsmith if anyone knows anyone. This is beyond my comfort zone but it "is" fixable.

There's more to the story than "what the gun's worth VS cost to fix."

Any takers?

al

Try Brileys in Houston Texas...work is above reproach...

Other than briley's, there's Coles in Maine. He's a factory beretta repair place & can fit new barrels on, if needed.
Regards, Ron

You might call Laib's in MN Laib's Gunsmithing & Custom Guns, Spicer MN 56288 ...
320-796-2686 - 201 Highway 23 NE, Spicer, MN I don't think he has a website.
He has done work for me in the past and does quality work.

Another would be http://simmonsguns.com/. They are in Kansas. They do quality rib and barrel work. I think they use to put some of the ribs on Winchester Mod 12's for Winchester. Been in business since about 1947

Back