Shooting Rest Feet

• Thread starter James in Ashevi
  • Start date
J

James in Ashevi

At one time there was an ad in the classifieds for rubber coated feet for a shooting rest that where held on with springs. I can't find the ad no more but who made those????

Dave Dohrmann of Tru-Kote supplied the "Super Feet" you asked about. Unfortunity Dave died last week. I am not sure if there is anyone to continue supplying his products.

Dave Dohrmann of Tru-Kote supplied the "Super Feet" you asked about. Unfortunity Dave died last week. I am not sure if there is anyone to continue supplying his products.

Thanks Charles hate to hear about Dave.

Whoa, we never know, do we?

Had a note on my calendar to call Dave this afternoon. Very sorry to hear the news.

James ...

At one time there was an ad in the classifieds for rubber coated feet for a shooting rest that where held on with springs. I can't find the ad no more but who made those????

Sinclair has some of the feet without springs still in stock: http://www.sinclairintl.com/prod_detail_list/Shooting-Rest-Accessories. They were one of Dave's distributors. Springs should be very easy to add. Pick up some washers and small springs at a GOOD hardware store and drill two small holes equally spaced in each foot pad and washer. Art

Rubber footed pads for a rest are very easily made. Go to someplace like Ace Hardware. Get 3 fender washers about 1.5 inch diameter and the rubber gasket that fits under it. Also pick up a couple small flat washers that cover the hole in the fender washer. Epoxy the small washer over the hole in the fender washer and contact glue the rubber washer to the bottom of the fender washer. Cost about 3-4 dollars. They work great and are a snap to make. About a 30 minute job counting the time for the contact glue to dry a bit. Makes the rest very difficult to slide on a bench.

Sorry to hear about Dave.

Donald

Flykiller on the forum carries Daves products. Don't know how many he has left. Did have feet to fit most rest. Can be reached at 502-750-3276

Don Neilson (Pumpkin) had some a couple of years ago.
You could get them engraved also, it may be helpful if you are forgetful.
Not sure if he is still making them.

Probably allow enough of top center hole for screw point of foot to enter & stabilize on.......I'm thinking rubber washer on top level of this sandwich as well as the part that rests on shooting bench.........Chaz

Dave once told me that in the early stages of product production/development, he discovered that he needed to reduce the thickness of the neoprene that makes contact with the bench, because if it was too thick, accuracy was negatively impacted, due to springiness. He made the change to thinner material, and it solved the problem. If I were going to make them, I would go with the thinnest material that would work.

Back