Shoot Pensylvania U L State Championship match 10-6-18 Fairchance AFTER ACTION

jerryrosenberge

Yards;
October 6, was a great day to shoot the Pa. Unlimited Match and the last match of the year. We only had 9 competitors on the line, but what a crowd. I know others wanted to come but couldn’t, busy time of year.
We had 3 competitors who never shot Fairchance, and they did well.
Ralph Van Horn took the first target UL Yards 250-18X and “how hard could it be” HE LEARNED. Kenny Seastrom kept getting better in Yds. Came in fourth in Uni. Agg. Don Blue did not shoot all year. He was talking a lot to himself.
John “ I don’t have any good ammo” Benyo shot a 750-47 X to take the UL Yards. George Donovan was second with a tie breaker with749-51X, Dave Burns was third.
Meters;
Conditions changed storms moving in and scores reflected as much, The first two targets were dry, But challenging. Benyo took the first target with Frymier, second and Seastrom third.
Butch Wahl took the second target, Kenny on his heels, and Daniel third.
THEN A SMALL RAIN STORM HIT. THEN IT GOT GOOD.
Kenny shot a 250 20X First. Benyo 249 X16. And Burns a 249-15X
KENNY “Wow is this place great” WON Meters with a score of
742-42X. Benyo took second with 739-41X , and Jason came in third 739-37.
It was a great match and stiff competition. Fairchance put $20.00 in four envelops and Bert’s Garage donated Eley Hats and insulated ammo bags for door prizes. They were drawn by Daniel Smiths wife.
The complete match results are posted on the IR 50?50 Web site.

The finale was the presentation of the 2018 SHOOTER of the YEAR.
FAIRCHANCE 2018 SHOOTER OF THE YEAR
JOHN “ BAD AMMO” BENYO
He beat out Dave Burns by a THIN whisker and Gary Hitti came in third.
GREAT SHOOTERS, GREAT COMPETITORS, GREAT PEOPLE!
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE COMPETITORS!!

I am a member of Fairchance, and I want to THANK all the officers and members for their OVERWHELMING support for IR 50/50 this season. The President, Jim Hartman, Gary Hitti was with me Friday evening, getting ready for Sat. Nestor Hernandez, Club Treasure came in Sat. to do the stats. Steve and Jim did their excellent scoring. NO PROTEST OVERTURNED.
I also want to THANK all the competitors that shot at Fairchance this season, YOU ARE THE REASON THIS RANGE IS KNOWN AROUND THE WORLD, as the place to come and shoot.
I am looking forward to 2019 season.
Jerry Rosenberger

Last edited:
Jerry, you did good! Thanks for all your work to make things a success. You might want to get with Wayne as he only shows the Yards portion of the match on his site.

You coming down to Piney Hill for the indoor Nationals? I told them you'd like Bench 1 or 2. They thought I was joking, but let me draw for you so you're all set....:eek:

Hope to see you in November.

Kenny

Thanks Kenny. I am planning on coming down before the BIG match and for the big match. Thank YOU SO MUCH for saving bench 1 or 2 for me. I usually get the bench 38. right next to the
port-o-john and the cow pen. I CAN COME INSIDE THIS TIME??

Jerry

Glad you came north of Mason JAR LINE. WE will not require papers at the border next time. :D:D:D

Thanks Kenny. I am planning on coming down before the BIG match and for the big match. Thank YOU SO MUCH for saving bench 1 or 2 for me. I usually get the bench 38. right next to the
port-o-john and the cow pen. I CAN COME INSIDE THIS TIME??

Jerry

Glad you came north of Mason JAR LINE. WE will not require papers at the border next time. :D:D:D

Jerry,
It was a nice trip up. Very easy drive, and beautiful range. Very pretty country too.

After hearing all of the stories, wanted to shoot there but it never fit in my schedule. Glad I could come up. Still trying to figure out what was going on sometimes, but it was interesting. You guys have some nice gentle breezes...

See you in November. Raymond said you can stay in the hog lot. Just leave Betsy alone!

Kenny

Back