scot hamilton-fudd

C

cwop

alright im going to try a fudd top but i cant find mr. hamiltons webb sight.
anyone?

thanks

bob

Mountain Specialties

Scott "Fudd" Hamilton

8206 Dunlap Cr. Rd.

Covington, VA 24426

540-962-9545 (Home)

540-962-2416 (Shop)

fuddham@aol.com

fudd top

rather than aggravate scot. will his tops fit a witchita base, how much do they run?

bob

As I recall it will. Scott's post is 3/4" x 12. You might have to rotate the post to get the groove to line up with the lock knob on the base. Seems like I payed 175.00 for my top. That was years ago. I have always thought the Witchita base with a fudd top would make a very nice and economical rest. It is a good base just needs a better top.
Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Wichita base is a different post than the Hart style tops. Scott used to carry the posts for this. Give him a call.

Hovis

fudd

ok i might do just that if it will solve my shooting problems. ill bet they are not 175.00 any more but ill strongly consider i have to figure out how to sneak in 4,000.00 worth of rifles this week including my new calfreee b/r.

probably be a big fight at our house. oh well

bob

A few months ago I purchased a Fudd top for my standard Wichita rest - works great - really improved my consistency. The post was slightly larger than the hole in my base however a little work on the post threads with a file and it fit perfectly.

fudd

well there you have it another question i dont have to ask hiim when i call. now if i could only get the cost then i can decide if i want to spend that sort of money.

im thinking 225.00 is this about right? i really like the ron hoehn top but he is not making them any longer i dont understand that. i saw one listed and by the time i got to him it was sold.

bob

consistancy

hey jim if that improves my consistancy maybe fred will get off my back. will this make me a champion?

let me know

best regards

bob

He quoted me three weeks ago, $175.00 for the top and $340 for the entire rest.

rest

now why didnt someone tell me that before i ordered my firecontrol. oh well ill order one now thats a bargain.

bob

It is a bargain. Especially for the quality of rest that you get. I had a chance to use one before I ordered mine and was very impressed.

fudd

do you guarentee my money back. my calfree is in so im going to have to have a good top. is this on calfrees recomended list just kiddding now btu im going to order one today.

bob

cwop i think you got a bootleg gun if the guy told you it was a calfree.
hope you didn't pay too much.

Back