Scopr magnification?

MRL

Scope magnification?

What scope power are most people using at 600 and 1000 yards?

Last edited:
all that you can afford and still make weight for the class.
i'm a novice at 1000 yds, built my own gun on a budget..and had little funds for a great scope.
lucked into a new 8.5x25 luepold target(30mm tube) and was able to later ad a bulseyepro 3x to the scope..
this puts me at about 10-32x.....if you run into mirage being able to turn down the power helps....

mike in co

I used a 40x leupold in 2009. I had only one gun and was messing around with 6" wide front rails. I needed to get rid of some weight, so I got rid of the NSX and went to the Leupold. I quit using the plate right before the IBS Nationals in Pella, IA, but kept the scope. I think I finished 5th in the two gun. Never felt the need to back off on the power once all season. Good thing!! :D

What scope power are most people using at 600 and 1000 yards?

With the NXS 12-42 scopes, at 600 I could usually run at almost full magnification consistantly, but at 1000 with the mirage in play, i would average 18 to 22 power. Ron Tilley

For 1,000 yards:

I had to go look -- I keep the Nightforce with the power selection lever at 3:00 o'clock, which is about 36X. The reason has more to do with the reticle, so I know the distance between the dot & bottom and side posts -- a personal usage.

& for what it's worth, just ordered a Sightron 10-50 x 60. I've looked through one & was impressed. We'll hope the durability holds up. Old Steel Beam Support (Rusty Stud)'s post on the F-class forum was also a factor.

Back