Scope conversions?

Greyfox

I've seen a number of references to scopes that have been converted: Tucker conversion etc. I've never owned one (until now) and don't know that I've ever seen one, but I do think I understand the purpose. I've just acquired a 36X Sightron with delren set screws in the bottom & side. I'm pretty sure that a conversions is what I have. Is there any way to determine who did the work? and can someone tell the $$ value of such. I don't need the scopee and will be selling it, but I'd like to know what I'm talking about when I'm asked questions.

Rick

Greyfox:

I have one of the Ron Hoehn converted Sightron 36's and it's great. Another nice thing is that you can back the screws off (away from the erector) and it functions normally.

Good shootin'. -Al

Al, I did speak to Ron earlier today and he gave me a little info. I'm near certain this is one of his conversions. I don't intend to keep this one as I have a NF to go on the rifle, but I wanted to know what to tell potential buyers should they ask questions. Thanks for your reply.

Rick

I've seen a number of references to scopes that have been converted: Tucker conversion etc. I've never owned one (until now) and don't know that I've ever seen one, but I do think I understand the purpose. I've just acquired a 36X Sightron with delren set screws in the bottom & side. I'm pretty sure that a conversions is what I have. Is there any way to determine who did the work? and can someone tell the $$ value of such. I don't need the scopee and will be selling it, but I'd like to know what I'm talking about when I'm asked questions.

Rick

Rick,

You must have picked up the 220 Beggs rifle from the classifieds a couple of weeks ago as I believe it had a scope like that on it. I'm curious as to how that rifle shoots when you get around to it. If you don't mind I'd really like to hear your impressions of it. Thanks.

Steve

I have one of those Sightrons on a Grizzly II 6PPC. You loosen the screws when you want to adjust and then snug them up when you're done.

Back