savage anschutz mod64 proublems

.223mike

Hi I am new and need a little help. My 64 has a 5057 trigger and when you work the bolt it decocks. If you lift bolt and pull trigger it clicks and it will stay cocked and works normal. The guy I got it from told me it hasnt been fired or out of closet in 30 years. Also should the barrel be free flowted. Thanks Mike

It may simply need to be flushed out, give it a shot of brake cleaner,their manuals can be found online but I believe the adjustment is right in front of the trigger blade. Remember DO NOT dry fire it, use a spent case. They will usually benefit from free floating.

I sprayed it with liquid wrnch and let set overnight and it works. I sprayed it with brake cleaner and blu it out, a lot of crud came out and oiled. I tried to adjust trigger but could only get to 2# . will this trigger go any lighter? The bolt is next. Thanks mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Sa 64 trigger

Well I got trigger down to 8oz. I Will get flamed for what I did. I got my parts box and found a savage mk11 triger spring and with a little wire cutter work it worked. After all It is a savage -anschutz, right? Mike

Well I got trigger down to 8oz. I got my parts box and found a savage mk11 triger spring and with a little wire cutter work it worked.
Bic cigarette lighter springs used to be a great substitute on about any trigger. Don't know about the current stuff - I gave up smoking a while back.

Back