Savage action weight

bryan

Bryan Armatys
What is the weight of the Savage RBLP action? With and without trigger?
Thanks
Bryan

From the factory:

1. Palma complete rifle (without any base or sights): 11.304 lbs
2. F T/R complete rifle (without any base or sights): 12.660 lbs
3. Palma stock with F/TR barrel (complete rifle): 13.570 lbs
4. F T/R stock with Palma barrel (complete rifle): 10.398 lbs
5. Palma barreled action (complete rifle; less the stock, trigger guard and 3 ss action screws): 6.974 lbs
6. F T/R barreled action (complete rifle; less stock, trigger guard and 3 ss action screws): 9.240 lbs
7. F T/R stock with trigger guard, trigger guard screw and 3 action screws: 3.424 lbs
8. Palma stock with trigger guard, trigger guard screw and 3 action screws: 4.330 lbs
9. 3 ss action screw for target actions: .050 lbs

The following is from one of my personal actions, weighed on a MyWeigh55 shipping scale:
10. RBLP action + trigger: 2.280 lbs
11. Trigger guard: 0.120 lbs
12. Barrel nut: 0.040 lbs
13. Recoil lug: 0.055 lbs

The trigger probably weighs about what the trigger guard does, just a guess.

Extrapolated weights:

14. Action + trigger + nut + lug: 2.375 lbs
15. F/TR barrel (barrel only): 6.865 lbs
16. Palma barrel (barrel only): 4.599 lbs

Last edited:
weight

Milanuk:
1.030 lbs for the action is obviously not inclusive of the bolt. But I'm glad you posted. I completely forgot about recoil lug and barrel nut. Kinda hard to estimate final weight without those.
Do you have weight for the complete action including barrel nut, recoil lug and trigger?
Thanks
BA

Whoops. Scale was still set to 'kg'; last time I used it was checking weight before heading off to FCNC ;)

Weights should be corrected now.

Last edited:
Bryan

Did you see my list of weights for Jeff's gun on the other thread? Those were right off of our MyWeigh 55.

Lisa

What is the weight of the Savage RBLP action? With and without trigger?
Thanks
Bryan

The weight with all the components less the action screws is 40 oz. This is the weight of the 1st (2007) version with the smaller 2.6" port. Later versions have a 3.040" length port, which may save 1/2 oz. or so.

Back