Sanctioned 50 yard Targets

USARB is now distributing, on a trial basis, sanctioned targets for 50 yard
Open, Unlimited, and Spring Piston class shooting. These targets are of
same high quality and accuracy as the existing 25 meter targets, but the
format is instead that of WRABF 50 meter Rimfire. Required use of these
targets for USA Record submittals, and Scoreline inclusion is the same as
the existing 25 meter sanctioned target program.

Targets may be purchased in lots of 100 to 300 through Bob Zimmerman at
zime@sbcglobal.net. Base cost is $30/100, but shipping cost varies by
payment. Pricing is set as near as practical to actual printing, handling,
and shipping cost, and is not intended to generate revenue for USARB.

Joe Friedrich,
acting for USARB Board of Directors

Last edited:
Hi Joe:

Is the idea of using 50 Yard Rimfire targets (trial basis) focused towards slowly switching to that distance in the future? (at least for PCP's)

Many shooters will disagree with my perspective and I understand, but the reason I ask is because the leap in accuracy of airguns during the last 2-3 years has been huge and I believe that doubling the distance will make BR much more interesting...When we have guns like the TM-1000's , BM-500's, Thomas and a few others shooting 250's as the NORM and shooters of these guns only worried about the number of X's they shoot and take 250's for granted, I believe it is time to make it a little more challenging...

I like the idea of raising the bar and going to 50 Meters/Yards and once and for all step into .22 Rimfire grounds, while we may struggle at the beginning, with current technology and good engineering it won't take long before we catch up and maybe we will be having "Mano a Mano" competitions with .22 Rimfires at 50 yards/Meters sooner than we think, and maybe all of those frustrated/dissatisfied .22 rimfire BR shooters who constantly struggle with good components, smiths, quality ammo and and its pricing will make the shift to Air.

Best regards,

AZ

Last edited:
Maybe it's time for Decimal scoring?
Maybe it's time for official recognition by sanctioning bodies for LV and HV at 50 yards?

Garrett
you sure are pushing for Orion scoring
has it improved that much ?
i bought it for 2 years and played with it & was not that impressed with it
if it has improved i might try again but not unless it has been highly upgraded

Dick

50 meter benchrest

In the Netherlands and Belgium we also started extending the range for airgun benchrest shooting. There were two try-outs this year at a 50 meter (windy) outdoor range, the targets used were the 50 meter rimfire targets. The outdoor range has power limitations of max .25/80 joule, so this was the maximum used for the 50 meters. The highest score on a card was 238 if I remember correctly. 50 meters is easy indoors, outdoors with changing wind direction every couple of minutes makes it very hard.

Next year we will have multiple places and matches throughout the year if everything goes as planned :cool:

50 Open Class

I think it would be great for matches to start having a 50 meter open class. With the more powerful .22 rifles available, might the max fpe be raised to 45? I'm very interested in how the newly designed (if they ever come out!) JSB .22 25.4 pellets will perform.

I would still keep the 25m LV and HV classes though. I don't think 250 is the norm outside. Maybe inside, but with the wind, I don't see 250's being shot left and right.

Chas,

You can shoot any energy level you want. The only difference would be, above 35 fpe would mean you're shooting the Unlimited Class.

My vote would go for keeping the Class discriptions the same as they've always been.

I'll see you in Salem over Labor Day.

Dave Shattuck

Craig Young is now handling the distribution of 50 yard targets. The USARB website has been updated with his contact phone #.

Steve W.

Back