San Diego Air Rifle Match

C

cadman1275

Just sending out a reminder to all you So. Cal pellet slingers that San Diego will be having its second match Sunday October 12th. Sign up at 9am, first pellet down range around 9:30am. Bring water or something to drink. Price is $20 which will cover range fees, target fees, awards and lunch.
For more information contact John Harris match director through the ARBR website. JUST BE THERE! :D

Me an a couple other guys from farther North are coming

Hope its not too windy.

Hope its not too windy.

Awesome. Look forward to seeing you there. It should be to bad. We had some wind last time, but it didnt seem to effect anything once we got going.
Bill

air gun match

Yes the match was great! went smooth, 4 targets good scores. some twitchy winds but everyone had good scores. the guys from out of town ,what a great bunch of guys!! hope that Larry Durham shows up at the next match so i can pick his brain some more . this guy can shoot. happy trails.

Sunday Results

As mentioned above, it was a great shoot, some really awesome looking rifle that were custom made. Hope they come back down again.
I have attached the results from the day in a PDF format.
Bill

Attachments

• San Diego October AirGun Results.pdf
    88.2 KB · Views: 286
Great time at the Project 2000 airgun BR match!

I drove down with a fellow CASA club member, and we both used our regular Field Target rifles, we had a really great time! Nice folks down South, the weather was great, we didnt get lost, and I didnt have as much trouble adapting to the different style targets as I was worrying I might. All in all, a really fun event!

Bill,
Thanks for posting the results on your second AGBR match. Great scores for only your second match. Those FT shooters can shoot. I have been picking their brains at all eight matches I have run.

Larry,
What were you using for a front rest? and Rear Bag? Our best shooter uses a home made car jack with a soft bag on top and a sock toe filled with sand for the rear rest.
05-18-08_1412.jpg

I am beginning to think the airguns don't like the rests I use for rimfire benchrest.
Paul

Bill,

Looks like it was a good match, and I'm sure everyone did have a great time as this airgun thing is definitely a blast!

Good luck with your future matches, and I can only hope to be able to someday make a west coast swing and shoot with everybody out there. Although, I'm told it's a long drive from here to there, so I'd probably get lost along the way anyway. :confused:

Dave

Paul, I use a conventional Caldwell front rest and rabbit ear rear bag

I got the 3" front bag and made up an aluminum forend piece to fit the bag width. I've also tried a bipod, and its nearly just as good, depending on the benchtop.

Of all the improtant equipment issues, I guess a good barrel is foremost, followed by good pellets that are compatible with your barrel.

Hey Dave, set your TomTom (gag, I hate using that name) for the old Carlsbad Raceway. That's gonna get you real close. JH

Larry D. If the offer is open next month, I would appreciate the borrow of your other rifle. Thanks, jh

Gordon

Ok, Next time I come down I'll bring the spare gun again.

Back