Sam Hall's Agg record

Dave Tooley

Not wanting to slight Sam's accomplishments I thought I would start a new thread.

Sam broke the two gun group agg record.

He shoot a 1.990" in Light Gun

He shoot a 1.916" in Hvy Gun

It's the first time anyone has the 600 yd. version of a teen grand agg.

He also shoot a .870 in Hvy Gun which is within a few thousandths of the old record. It will be submitted also.

Great shooting Sam

Dave

Great shooting Sam, you have raised the bar yet again. Just think what it could have been in calmer conditions. First Teen agg. @ IBS 600' Congradulations!!!!

Joel Kendrick

Thanks guys for the compliments guys! I really do appreciate it! I owe alot of thanks to the guys, several on these posts, that have helped me out. To name a few: Terry Brady, Larry Isenhour, Mike Davis, Joel Kindrick, Doug Paschall, Dave Tooley, Leonard Baity, Bill Shehan, Brian Moore, and a prior shortrange fellow from my hometown, Ed Hartman. I have took your advise, probably hounded you, and studied your bench mannors when you were not looking in order to improve my game. It has payed off finally. I am still asking, watching and learning from you all. I have made some great friends in this game that I hope will be life long friends. I love this game and I have never met a better bunch of guys that play it!
By the way, Mike and Larry, I think I will be sticking with my standard 6BR for now. That 6 Improved idea just went out the window this weekend.
Thanks again, Samuel Hall, Yadkin County, NC.

Now folks, as someone else would say, Sam also has a brand new, beautiful, Terry Leonard stocked BAT with two more new 6BR barrels.

Look out IBS 600 Nationals!!

Congrats Sam

What a great accomplishment!!

A two gun agg record and not to mention a sub one incher all in a day at the range. Looks like your BR is on fire and ready for a summer of good times.

Hope to see you in June

Richard Schatz

6 Br

Sam,I dont blame you for sticking with a straight 6 BR . As a matter of fact I put my 6BR barrel on sunday. I will try it at the May 10 match it seems to shoot a little better than the 6BRX barrel. I am trying to pick one or the other for the nationals. CONGRATS on that record again you have earned it.

Mike Davis

Great shooting Sam. I think you should bump both of those barrels to a Dasher or BRX, it might tighten things up a little. Just before the Nationals. No, you better leave them alone.

Mark Schronce

Sam,,,,That was the best display of shooting skills I have ever seen. It wasn't a very good day to shoot weather-wise either. You had it covered just like you have several other times. I am very impressed.

Tell you what, folks. We have some great and humble champions and Sam is one of the best. He and I talk every week and run ideas past each other and try to learn something new. It is my pleasure to call Sam my friend.

When one gets to witness good shooting, it is a very exciting thing.
Larry Isenhour

Good shooting buddy.That was some of the best shooting this weekend I,ve seen in a long time.The way you have started you might just rewrite the record book this year.See you at Piedmont in a couple of weeks.
Terry

Last edited by a moderator:
Teen Grand Agg?

He shot a 1.990" in Light Gun

He shot a 1.916" in Hvy Gun

It's the first time anyone has the 600 yd. version of a teen grand agg.

Dave

Dave,
How does this translate to a teen agg? It appears it would be a teen agg for 1000 yds but not 600 yds. Am I calculating something wrong?

Thanks,
Joel

Sam I was really glad we were there at the match to see such a display of shooting skills. Congrats on your pending record and such a good start on the '08 season. You are right these are a great bunch of guys to know.

Rodney

Joel,

As I see it, a sub-2 is a teen.... A sub-1 is single digit.

If you divide them by 6, they are .3's to compare to 100yds, but they were 600yd groups, so a 1.9 is a Nineteen --- or how I look at it........

Happy Shooting
Donovan Moran

Sam Hall And Alinwa

Sam congratulations on your good shooting and staying with the 6BR cartridge.It is tough to shoot with it in the wind but when the condition is steady it is a great cartridge for pure accuracy.

Alinwa It may be that somebody was thinking 1,000 yards instead of 600 yards and because of that simply moved the decimal one spot.
Lynn

Joel

just calling a 1.9" agg a nineteen agg. Now all the agg records will be below 2" It's easier to say a nineteen agg instead of a one-point-nine agg.
Anyone that shoots 600 yds will understand.

Dave

Back