Sako Finnfire P94S-Ejection Wire

M

Mickey Law

I need the little wire that is on the left side inside the action that throws the empty hull out. Mine broke and fell out. I don't have a pattern to go by to try to make one. I can't even find anyone selling Sako parts. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Mickey:confused::eek:

Mickey

Bill Myers did make those for a while?????Check with him bill

Mickey, last I heard they're absurdly expensive and you need to buy 3 at a clip from Berreta. If you can borrow one from a bud, go down to the local hobby shop and get a lenght of music wire one size bigger than the origional. You need a small duck bill plier and you can make a couple. The bigger wire functions fine, I made 2 or 3 when I had a Sako.

Sako P94S Ejecton Wire

Thanks for help. Emails are on the way. Mickey:)

Sako P94S Ejector Spring(Wire)

Well I reckon everyone is too busy for this problem I received two answers on who or what to do. I sent out emails to both and have yet to get an answer back. Thanks to the two who responded to my problem. Mickey:(

Use .030 piano wire. If you make one from that you will never need another.
I might have a spare. PM me if you want. I did get mine from Bill Myers.

Sako P94S Ejector Spring

Thanks for info Steve. I have the piano wire and a friend has a spring for a pattern. Mickey:)

Isn't it interesting that 'the oldest firearms manufacturer in the world' takes over Sako and makes an absolute mess of supporting the older products since it appears they want to sell only new items rather than support older products! Its pure BS and that's being polite!!:mad::mad:
These ejectors and magazines shouldn't be rocket science but they have sure mucked things up at Beretta.

Sako ejection spring

I just ordered two from Baretta.
Their part # is s3171335.
they are $9.00 each and $5.60 shipping. they said they would ship out in the AM.
I had no problems, no hassles, 5 minute phone call.
They have a 1-800 #

1.800.237.3882 or direct 301.283.2191

if anyone has information on the install, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks, Jeff:)

Jeff,
You have to take it out of the stock. on the left side of the magazine housing you will see a small screw holding the broken end of the other spring.
Take that out and put the new one in. It is pretty obvious how it goes. The part that is bent @90 is what goes under the screw. The rest of the spring heads toward the back of the barrel.
Steve

Useful posts, thank you gents. I just ordered a spare from Beretta, and will likely make another from .03 music wire when it gets here.

Sako ejection spring

Thanks for information. I never did hear from Beretta nor the gentleman whom I emailed. I got piano wire and a friend made two for me. Cost was nothing. It is good to have friends. Mickey:)

They are easy to make, only trick is you need a whole one for a pattern:)

I just ordered two from Baretta.
Their part # is s3171335.
they are $9.00 each and $5.60 shipping. they said they would ship out in the AM.
I had no problems, no hassles, 5 minute phone call.
They have a 1-800 #

1.800.237.3882 or direct 301.283.2191

if anyone has information on the install, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks, Jeff:)

Thanks for the tip that they are in fact in stock with Beretta! I ordered 2 this morning and a friend has some piano wire.
I inquired about replacement magazines while I had a live body but alas they don't offer them any longer! :(

Replacement mags can be found, I bought one from the place in Kansas, but good Heavens, it was expensive. I think $50 for the dinky thing, which I'll likely never need, anyway.

That would be almost 2 full boxes of the new miracle Lapua!

Ben

Ben,
For some silly reason they have always been really expensive. I got a spare when I purchased my rifle ( 10 years or so ago). I am sure that it was at least 36.00, and made of plastic no less! If I had known before the guy wrote up the ticket I would have declined.
Steve

Back