Roger Avery & Johnny Loric Shoot 25X in NC State Match

D

david dumas

Both shot 25X's from what I here, Roger won on wipeouts,,,,,,,, congr'd to both!!! but it must relly stink to shoot 25X's and finish 2nd,,,,,,,,, heard somebody had 24 and didn't even finish in the wood,,,,,,,, damn them boys is tough!!!!!!!!

the wind is my friend

DD

Hey Scotty
Man were Bradys bullets shooting, they are just great. I also had on one of Zane Atheys stocks all painted up pretty. The guys said it would never work it just wasn't right, me without a beat up looking stock. Well after the 25x's at 100 I was able to shoot 250-17x's at 200. Everyone shot extremely well. It took tie breakers to determine the winners on the yardages. What a great match!!

WAY TO GO Roger, Great shooten Buddy
and you too Johnny, Wish I could have been there.
Zane

Last edited:
Congrad's!!

ROGER: Just goes to show you can shoot purttty stuff as well as ugly stuff! and even with dark knight bullets! You gonna be at mickey's next month?

According to the lists

Is that a new Grand Agg. record?????????

of records, 500-38 is the HV record for 100-200, of course, all the points and xes would have to withstand the scrutiny of the Score Committee. There are also other things that needed to be taken care at the match.

In the nine or ten years I have been shooting IBS Score I have been present when a number of records have been broken. It is always a pleasure for me to see someone get into the grove and make it happen. A couple of those who hold them have told me that when they are doing them they have the feeling that they can't miss. Just when one feels that the scores can't go higher, they do. I guess sooner or lated someone will shoot a 250-25-25. What do we do then?

Johnny and Roger Shoot 25X at NC States

TWO 25 x's! Needless to say, THAT was a rifle match. I was glad to have been there. Truly some fine shootin.

That would have been a potential new grand agg record but the grand was not being contested due to the lack of backers, it's a shame that it won't be recognized, but great shooting none the less. steve.p.s. I see ol' snake in the grass was 3rd with 24 x's good shooting Wayne

Last edited:
roger and johnny great shooting,,sorry i was not there ,,death in family ,,,plan to go to summerville...johnny go to work...roger take the grand kids some where and leave us alone...frank parker.

I think it was about 3 years ago when Roger said flatly that he would never, ever get a 30 because it kicked too hard.

That's Roger's second 25X in the last couple of months, isn't it?

I would like to thank the guys at Piedmont Gun Club for a match well done. Roger you really shot Great and it was a well deserved win. Thanks everyone.
Johnny Lorick

A special thanks to...

all the shooters who came out this year to support Piedmont. Also I would like to thank Tommy Williams, Scott Walker, and all at Piedmont who worked their butts off to put on these matches. Without these guys, and their hard work, matches would not be possible. Hopefully we will see everyone next year for another great season. Congradulations to Roger, Johnny, and all the winners.

Jeff

N.c. States

Johnny and Roger both got the job done, two in one day-what a shoot. Would like to thank the crew at Piedmont Gun Club for a well run match as always. They have worked so hard on getting the range in good shape. Tommy said next year the backer system would be in place, thanks to all and little Joe shot a 24x also, good shooting.

HUMBLE HENRY:):):)

why backers...

I have never shot score...but thought it was like Hunter Class ....where you shooot at five different bullseys and thereby is no need for backers!! Please straighten me out...Im confused...:confused:...Roger

The purpose of backers in score

is to be able to prove crossfires. Having looked at some crossfires over the years I can say that backers will show if a shot came from the shooter claiming it or from a neighbor.

The rule is in the book for a good reason, in my opinion. Apparently almost everyone complies with the rule. I don't see the problem. I'm sure there are a number of rules in the book that one range or another would like not to comply with but the purpose of rules is to provide level and fair competition for all, not all except x, y or z.

In my opinion, if one wants to be part of an orginization they should accept the rules 100% or not be part of that orginization. That is not to say rules can't be changed but there is a process for changing them. Either be 100% or don't do it.

The IBS says by the rules you can contest any of the yardages we shoot, without a backer, but you can,t add them togeather for a grand without it. I have not been able to understand how simple math can change your yardage score. when going to piedmont I knew it was what they shoot. I have no problem with it. I guess peter is right if I'm not able to comply or understand the complete rules 100%. I shouldn't be doing it.
Roger Avery,

Back