Robertson "new" JTR BR stock

trasch

Hello,

Is there anybody who has some expierence, or know somebody who has with this new stock? Tracking; bags; good bedding ect...?

Paul

Well I myself

do not own one but it will be the next I own. Many of the Canadian shooters are ordering it as it is made up here in Canada so getting it is a breeze.

I know 2 of the guys who had there hand in developing the stock. It has a lot of thought put into it. The guys took what they thought were the good points of different stocks and put it into one package.

In regards to bedding it would be no different than the current BRX stock Jerry Stiller sells which is made by Robertson Composites.

The differences between it and the BRX is it is thinner in the pistol grip area so more comfortable for us with smaller hands. The sides of the forend have the sides which go up vertically higher than the BRX. The sides are flat to about the height of a standard front bag.

Those are 2 of the main differences that I know of.

Maybe the developers will chime in when they get back from vacations.

Calvin

Anyone got a picture of this new stock

Orangerobertsonpanda.jpg

I would be the

J in JTR

high sides to track the bags better, and comply with the rules,

easy to go from sighter to record with the stock angle as it is legal, some stocks may not be depending on the depth of inlet and whether 7 1/2 or 6 1/2length (told to me by a action maker still in business)

great finish, better than others,
stockmaker makes stocks for many other sellers in the USA and elsewhere around the world, like the new british F classs (I think it was the new gr bt team input on it)
the speedy design F class with magnetic cheekpiece is a beauty to behold

one of the rimfire advertisers has a nice spot on his website to explain things and stillers website shows some colors that can be obtained, and stiller sells the speedy design (I bought one from stiller when this stock was not in production yet,)

good stuff all the way around, not many in the market yet but the french world team members approached me at the super shoot this year and the 1st place team at the worlds expressed interest as well

they will work, Jefferson

legal, some stocks may not be depending on the depth of inlet and whether 7 1/2 or 6 1/2length (told to me by a action maker still in business)
The angle depends on the distance from the bolt face to the butt plate and the profile of the barrel. The depth of the inlet does not matter since you always draw the line from 4" down from the bore center to 18" forward of the bolt face.

I did some calculations and found that a 7 degree stock angle measured to the bore centerline would be a safe bet for current actions. With that angle a 6.0" action with a 10.33" lop would be legal.

If you measure the angle to the underside of the barrel you could have .8 degrees (on average) less angle on the stock. But that's on the max hv contour only - if the straight part is shortened from the max 5" or the taper diameter reduced you will need more angle.
I think a stock should always be designed to be measured to the bore centerline. But measuring it to the underside of the barrel in competitions will minimize wrong disqualifications due to measuring errors if the stock angle is borderline.

I have a BAT SV (length 6.565") in a JTR stock inletted by Robertson. The length of pull is 13.5".

Here's a pic of my lv rifle with some lines drawn to show it is legal:
http://bayimg.com/lAEjgaaCB (the picture gets bigger if you click it - sorry about the bad quality)

Last edited:
new stock

dan has several on order but nothing has came in yet. they are great looking stocks i love the gold one on his website plus it comes with the buttplate.

bob

Back