Reticle change

jwv2001

I have a question about having a dot installed in a 36X Leupold scope. The present reticle is a standard fine competition crosshair. I would like to have an 1/8 min. dot@100 yds. installed. I have been looking at TK Lee to have this work done. Does anyone have any experience with this? Would it be better to send the scope to Leupold? Are there any other recommendations to have this work done? I would appreciate any advice I can get on this subject.

I have a Leupold 36 X with the 1/8 dot and wish I had fine competition crosshairs .
The dot is to big at 100 yards .

KEYBEAR

So, are you saying to install a smaller dot? If so, what size? For what application are you saying that the 1/8 dot is too big? Do you have an idea on who would be the best to do the work or are you saying that the dot is not a good idea?

All i,m saying is I have a 36-X with a dot and don,t like it . To me the 1/8 inch dot is to big at 100 yards .
I like the competition crosshairs and no dot . Have you called Leupold ? My scope is at Leupold now for a tune up .

jwv,
Just call Leupold and they will give you their ship to address and when they receive it they will call you and for about $56.00 they will put whatever crosshair you want in it! I just had one done and I also send all of mine in once a year clean and Inspect and the Leupold company is fantastic to deal with. Even if your not the original owner they will warrany the scope as long as you havn't abused it!

I had a 36X Leupold and had them install a dot in it because I didn't like the fine crosshairs. They installed the dot, and upgraded the internals to the latest spec. Can't beat their service. They have fast turn around too, a couple of weeks to repair a 30 year old M8 12X and get it back to me including shipping both ways.

Thanks all, my scope is on the way to Leupold as we speak. My 1st post mentioned TK Lee because they will put any size dot at a specified range. Leupold will install a target dot. Just for future reference, does anyone have any experience with TK Lee?

jwv2001, as a satisfied customer of Leupold, remember you have saved your Lifetime guarantee on your scope by going back to Leupold.
Priceless,
Centerfire

i think what they are trlling you is send it to leupold.
Sending it to others may void the warranty By The way TK LEE is a very good company
But i wouldn't send a leupold there while its still under warranty

I had a 3/16 min. dot installed in a Burris by TK Lee. They did a perfect job and the price was right.

RWO

As an update to help anyone else that is contemplating a reticle change to any Leupold scope. I sent my 36X Leupold BR scope to them on Apr. 2nd for a target dot reticle. They called me on the 12th to ask me what size dot I wanted and to secure payment(which was by credit card). They offer two sizes of dots, .002 & .003. I chose the .002 because it was explained to me that it would be approx. 1/10" at 100 yds. They also went through the internals of the scope so as to bring it back to factory fresh before it was sent back to me. I received this scope on the 16th.
The dot was exactly what I wanted. I suppose if you were going to use the scope only for competition the fine crosshairs would be ok but I wanted to use my scope for ground squirrels at long range so the dot helps a lot for that. The cost is $59.99 plus shipping which brought the total for me to $64.88. I thought the cost and the turnaround to be more than reasonable and a great value.
Thanks to all that commented on this thread. Thanks to Leupold for always being such a wonderful company to do business with.

Dot or not

I sold the Leupold 36-x with the Dot and bought a used Leupold 36-x off e-bay .
Sent it to Leupold and have it back as new . Great people .

Back