Results of the Isabella County Sportsman's Club 100 Yd Score Shoot 6-10-2017

pikedrop

Attached are the results of the Isabella County Sportsman's Club 100 yard score shoot sponsored by Jay's Sporting Goods of Clare MI that was held on June 10, 2017. Mr. Dick Wright will provide the full color commentary in the next post. I would like to send huge thank you's out to Christy Johnston for working the computer, Alex Murray, Ken Bombalski, Mike Johnston, and a whole host of others who setup the target holders and took them down, Bill Nienow for serving as range officer, Dick Wright for scoring the targets, Jay's Sporting Goods for sponsoring the match with their $20.00 gift certificates, Steve Robbins for preparing the targets and a ton of other stuff, Harry Ross for being the emcee and onsite accountant, and everyone else for coming out to the Isabella County Sportsman's Club for attending a terrific match! There were 18 competitors! Wow (to the 13th power!).

And I will also thank the Isabella County Sportsman's Club for hosting this event as well. The next match is June 24 and it is a 100 yard group match.

We have a lot of fun at these matches and you would not be disappointed by coming out to shoot at the Isabella centerfire benchrest matches. The club also conducts smallbore benchrest matches and rimfire egg shoots. The events calendar is posted on the Isabella County Sportsman's Club website (http://www.isabellacountysportsmansclub.com/calendar.php).

Just the messenger boy...

Matt

The Factory Class Winner - Jim Guinn
20170610_093456.jpg

The Range Officer - Bill Nienow and the BR Class Winner Jim Dyke talking with Don Mulders
20170610_111029.jpg

A View of the Range
20170610_111038.jpg

A Very Proud Ruger Owner - Dick Wright
20170610_091935.jpg

Extremely Fine Wood Work!
20170610_091947.jpg

Dick Wright Looking So Happy With His Ruger!
20170610_092003.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Attached Are The Results

Attached are the results.

Attachments

• Isabella 100 Yd Score Match 6-11-2017.pdf
    60.5 KB · Views: 234
Another fine match at ICSC. We've had good turnouts this year and the shooters seem to be having fun. Isn't that what's it all about? A few notes...

Jim Dyke's 250 X 23X score was excellent as were several others. Conditions were O.K. when we started shooting. As time passed we were treated to a moderate gale and it kept switching every few seconds. Shooting 23 X's in that wind was absolutely excellent.

It was neat to see Jim Guinn show up on his Harley hog and win the Factory Class. He had all his shooting "stuff" in the little trailer. Jimmy has only one eye and carpal tunnel in both arms that's pretty bad. See the braces on his wrists. Kinda heartwarming to see him overcome obstacles and win a Factory Class against quite a few shooters.

I wish the "Proud Ruger owner" had shut his mouth when the pic was taken.

Doug Mulder, Factory Class shooter, brought his dad, Don. Years ago Don and I ran the Harrison matches. He got pretty beat up in an auto accident last year but is doing well now. It was good to see an old pal.

I had recieved the Ruger only two days before the match and was fire forming brass. I will try hard to be better prepared for the next match and give other Factory shooters a hard time.

Next match will be for group and will be 24 June. We start at ten so get there early, set up and enjoy the world famous donuts from Cops & Donuts in Clare.

Matt is doing a real good job with these matches. If you haven't shot with us yet this year, do so. You will glad you did.

Dick

Last edited:

FWIW this is my new "Bench gun". Kinda unorthodox. I've been working on it for two years. This was it's first match. I only had a day and a half to prepare and was fire forming brass. Hope to do better next match.

I told Matt before the match that he should put me in a new class... the "Culture Class". As usual he ignored me. This gun harks back to the day when men were men and the sheep knew it.

Dick

Last edited:
The Brian Albee Memorial Award Leaders

The leaders for the Brian Albee Memorial Award (Isabella County Sportsman's Club) are:

Score - Jim Dyke 250-23X

Group - Johnny Benson - 0.120"

Jeff Aberegg is donating $50.00 for each winner in honor of Brian.

Just the messenger boy...

Matt

Back