Rest??'s

750k2

I have been using a Sinclair with Fudd top and Rear leather.
I am going to go to a 1 piece.
I use both wood and synthetic stocks.
What type of top is best and why??
I have some teflon stock tape to use up - will that make a difference?
This Delrin stuff is new to me.
What is the preferred set-up for wood vs. synthetic?
Thanks

Talk to James Pappas, about his rest. He has several tops available and can guide you in the right direction.

What are you going to do with the Fudd? If you are planning on selling it, I might be interested. If so, send me a PM.

What are you going to do with the Fudd? If you are planning on selling it, I might be interested. If so, send me a PM.

Bill you'll be the first in line if I can swing this and swing the Sinclair back into CF service.

Wood top rest

James Pappas makes what he calls he wood top rest. That's because it well work for a wood or synthetic stock. You don't see many pictures of them on the net. But I have one and works greats

Pappas1.jpg

Pappas2.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
I am guessing the wood top is to absorb vibrations? even with the rifle sitting on the 2 pads?

BTW what are the pads made from?

Thanks.

I am sure James will be along shortly to explain but, I believe the wood top is for wood stocks as the delrin riding surface that is intended for fiberglass would dent and mar the wood fore-end.

Pads

I am guessing the wood top is to absorb vibrations? even with the rifle sitting on the 2 pads?

BTW what are the pads made from?

Thanks.

The pads are hard rubber that absorbs vibrations and are covered with cordura. You are right, the wood helps to dampen vibrations.

I notice some come without a top - Will my Fudd with post change fit up
without to many issue's??

Why not just order one with the post/minus top. The other option, would be for you to call Pappas and get the rest made to your specs, so your top and be used with your own post.

James makes a great rest and as Fred said he has been known to do some customization for the customer ....The fudd is a good top, I shot one when I was using a two piece rest but I think it is a little like buying a new Cadillac without seats and installing the seats out of your old car in it. You would probably be the most happy with the complete rest including the top from James.

Charlie

Let's try this?
Pappas
Hall
RB custom
Randolph machine
What do you really like about it?
Only the positives so as not to dis anybody's hard work.

Won my first card last weekend - I'm hooked:D

I have a Pappas

and I use a Farley with a Fudd adjustable top on it for Three Gun. I like that top a lot ( Thanks Gordon). I have owned my Farley since they first came out so have become accustomed to the ability to easily go from the record to the sighter and back. I would prefer that kind of top on my Pappas. I have considered trying a joystick top on the Pappas but have not had time to do so as yet. Perhaps this winter. My first match using the Pappas I ran out of time in an Unlimited match and left two bulls not shot on because of then damn knobs! I have impoved since but still hate twiddeling with knobs, ergo the desire for the Joystick.

Last edited:
I want to thank everyone who responded and PM'd about rests.
After much reading and developing more confusion for myself I have decided the best approach is to use the set-up I have and dump my current
slush fund on Ammo and some proper wind flags. I will hit others up at match time to try their set-ups out and make my choice after I can get some
hands on thoughts.
I think my wind reading and bench technique practice will provide more return at this point in time.
I'm pretty new and have a new rifle to learn - Have only run one USBR since initial tune and self scored it as 244- 5X - transposed as 2150 ARA approx.
Switchy 10-15 with homemade streamers.
Shows promise and if I would've did even a kinda alright bed job should've been better.
Your help will not be wasted.

Back