Remington 540X

jstanfield103

I just bought a Remington 540X off of GunBroker. I have not received it as of yet but I would like to get some scope rings for it so that when it does come in I will already have them.

Can anyone tell me what size the receiver dove tail is for the scope rings ? Also can you tell me if there is anything else I need to know on this rifle.

Thanks Respectfully
Jeff

jstanfield,

Not necessarily. 11mm is the size of the Anschutz dovetail, what tim is describing is the N.American standard of 3/8 in.

Phil aka tazzman

BAck in about 1996

I owned a couple of these little rifles. I thought they were nice little riles back and still do. I even found a Canjar trigger that worked on them as well as having the barrel threaded into the receiver on one of them. They never were competitive Benchrest rifles but are, nevertheless, nice rifles.

Pete

Thanks guy's 3/8" on the way. This is not going to be a competitive rifle but just a personal bench gun. I had the CZ 455 and a Savage as bench guns, they were never what I wanted so I got this American 540X and see what happens wit it.

More info

I just bought a Remington 540X off of GunBroker. I have not received it as of yet but I would like to get some scope rings for it so that when it does come in I will already have them.

Can anyone tell me what size the receiver dove tail is for the scope rings ? Also can you tell me if there is anything else I need to know on this rifle.

Thanks Respectfully
Jeff

My 1969 and 1970 Remington catalog says the 540X is a New model...Designed for the Intermediate and Junior shooter, it has the features of the Remington 22lr Target big brother guns.
It has an adjustable trigger and 5 way adjustable butt plate.
It should be an accurate shooter if it has a good barrel and you use Match ammo...

Chuck

Back