Remington 14/1/2 Firing pin question.

M

murphy

My 90 year old Remington pump action 44/40 has broken its firing pin, so I asked my local gun smith to have a look at it but he would not fix it as he considered the complexity of the old Pederson action too time consuming to disacemble and re asemble. Pulled it apart myself and really can not see what the drama was. The firing pin is mounted on a little sled with the firing pin spring inside a hollow tube. My question is how is the firing pin attatched to the sled? It looks like it might be a heat schrink fit? Does any one have parts for these old guns,bearing in mind that I live in Australia and need a company that does international trade.:confused::confused:

give numrich gun parts corp a try. im not sure if they ship international or not. sounds as if your "gunsmith" is scared of things he's never done before.

Thanks Lefty, Will contact Numrich and see if they have the part. Reguards Murphy.

You can also..................

ask Jack First up in Turbine, South Dakota. They make some parts for some of the older guns that "Nobody Has Anymore" :mad:

But beware, my little down-under friend, as a result of that association, your little highney may look like a French Horn afterwards........:eek:

:D:D :cool:

Brian your USA expressions get a bit lost in the translation, I don't want to sleep with the guy, just get a gun part. I may have more trouble than I bargained with here though as I noticed a hair line crack in the carrier that carries the firing pin. Also put the gun back together and now have trouble with feeding from the tubular magazine as what ever activates the cartridge lifter is not working. There is a flipper pinned on the inside of the trigger guard assembly that may actuate the cartridge lifter but the spring on it seems very weak. Really need to get another gun to cannabilise but it would be of great interest to hear from a person who understands how this thing works?

Back