Reloading Presses

I don't use any kind of a micrometer die including a seater die for a arbor press I never seen the need, shims on the seater die and nothing on the sizer die. As i mentioned before i do check run out in each stage of loading, if there is a problem i want to address it. I don't carry a press with me like short range, don't have time to load at a match. You are lucky to have time to clean. .. jim

When me and bart shot 1000yds we had time between groups to clean, load ammo, go to town- bart even took a nap one time. They rotated relays and he had 4.5hrs between his groups. From daylight til dark-6 groups!

A friend of mine shoots F class and just came back from the national, i ask him how many record rounds he loaded. 500 + record rounds for national, all on a single stage press and high master shooter so he has been at it awhile…… and he seats his bullets on a 21st century hyd. arbor press………. jim

Thanks for the links, guys, and thanks for the invitation, mrspradlin!

When me and bart shot 1000yds we had time between groups to clean, load ammo, go to town- bart even took a nap one time. They rotated relays and he had 4.5hrs between his groups. From daylight til dark-6 groups!

Dusty, A national is a AGG. and a walk in the park. A regular match are with shoot off's. In one day 2 light and 2 heavy and with the possibility of four shoot offs and a double on the week end is a killer. The chance you are on the last relay in light and you may be on the first relay of heavy. Two relays latter you are in light gun shoot off and the next relay you are in heavy gun shoot off. Then it starts all over again. Point is if you are wining relays you have very limited time, I don't have time to clean the light gun as often as it should, because the one you use in heavy needs it more……… jim

Back