Randolph Front Rest

GregL

Grego
I am planning to purchase a Randolph front rest for my .308. Got a good deal on a price. While the SEB Neo-X looks very attractive, I really don't have the money to spend or the time to wait. Age and Social Security does that to you. I would appreciate any input.
Thanks Gents.

I do not shoot CF on mine (sanctioned RFBR), but really love my Randolph. I have 2 tops (MK1's with Edgewood Cordura bags) for Sporter and heavy gun. Not a fan of the Mark 2 adjustable top. Sand fill is just too hard for Sporter stock. At a big IR 50/50 match, about 1/2 of the rests (or more) will be Randolph.

Scott

I have a CV600 Range model. I traded in my Savage Palma rifle toward the purchase. Been shooting 35+ years, all types; pistol target, IHMSA, Trap, Black Powder. Want to put more time into Benchrest; getting tired of prone at my age. I've had three Randolph's before; all for 22lr. I think the Randolph would suit me, but I hardly see them in Benchrest competition for big bore. I'm not looking to build a competition rig, just start with a little enjoyment.

you mean a cz 600 ?? lets be real. it a production rifle, not a br rifle a br rest will not make it shoot BETTER. HONESTLY SINCLAIR COMP REST IS IN STOCK and less money. it is too much for a production rifle...but it works well add a bag to match your stock and have fun. a THREE POUND TRIGGER...HAVE FUN

I would think if you have used this rest before, you would be the best judge to decide if it is what you want. Good luck with your shooting and as long as you enjoy yourself it will be money well spent.

Thank you Steve. I'm just trying to get input from someone who has used it for a large caliber. Where allowed, the one piece rest is outstanding.

It is surprising and disappointing to see a vendor trying to hawk his front rests by joining a technical forum, asking a leading question then disparaging the writer's choice, stating his product is the solution. His product was not related to the discussion.
I won't bore the forum with the specifics of Elmer's shortcomings. It seems to me he has made no contribution to my question, but only demonstrated his lack of knowledge regarding the sport in general and the full purpose of a front rest in particular.
Perhaps if he concentrates on researching his answers and better proactive selling techniques he wouldn't have any Sinclairs in stock.

I do not wish to start a or bore this forum with a flame war. I decided to reply after considerable thought. I made it public because I believe most serious participants do not appreciate these tactics. Most of the forums to which I belong have specific rules regarding how and where selling is done.
If the writer feels compelled to reply, he should send a private email. Of course, no reply would be better.

Thank you, again, Scott and Steve for your valuable and common sense input.

I use my Randolph shooting centerfire br occasionally. Also have a Sinclair w/a Shadetree top. Prefer the Randolph as thats what I have the most time behind. A joystick is certainly faster but doesn't sound like thats a concern. Certainly isn't for me. Go for it, you're already use to it.

It's great to hear about your plans to enhance your shooting setup with a Randolph front rest for your .308. Making practical choices that align with your budget and timeline is crucial, especially considering factors like age and Social Security.
It's understandable that the SEB Neo-X may be tempting with its attractive features, but opting for a Randolph front rest that fits your budget and is available promptly is a wise decision. Sometimes, practicality and immediate needs take precedence, and it sounds like you're making a thoughtful choice.
If you're looking to enhance your financial situation in other ways, improving your credit score could be beneficial. Check the website https://fitmymoney.com/improve-credit-score/ offers insights and tips on how to improve your credit score over time, which could open up more options for you in the future.

Last edited:
It's great to hear about your plans to enhance your shooting setup with a Randolph front rest for your .308. Making practical choices that align with your budget and timeline is crucial, especially considering factors like age and Social Security.
It's understandable that the SEB Neo-X may be tempting with its attractive features, but opting for a Randolph front rest that fits your budget and is available promptly is a wise decision. Sometimes, practicality and immediate needs take precedence, and it sounds like you're making a thoughtful choice.
Thank you for the wise words and reminding me about the sad, but true, facts of my current life. You have my vote for "practicality and common sense", or as my gun dealer of 35+ years tells me, "Why not just go out and have fun."

I have spoken with Steve Coleman at Randolph. I have owned his rests before. He makes a top quality product and stands behind it with first rate customer support.

Back