Pros & Cons of mounting powder dispenser to tool box?

10ring

I'm new at this and getting equipment together to take part in local matches this summer. Presently I'm able to mount the powder dispenser on the edge of a bench. But I'm wondering if there are better locations for the powder dispenser?

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions. -- Todd

Hi Todd. I mount mine to the side of the loading box with a home made 'L' shaped bracket that goes around the front and side. Two 1/4" bolts with knobs and wing nuts secure it to the box. A bit of rubbery anti skid tape to the bracket where it contacts the tools box makes a big difference. The mounting needs to be sturdy so you don't get any movement when throwing charges.

Good shootin' -Al

Hi Todd. I mount mine to the side of the loading box with a home made 'L' shaped bracket that goes around the front and side. Two 1/4" bolts with knobs and wing nuts secure it to the box. A bit of rubbery anti skid tape to the bracket where it contacts the tools box makes a big difference. The mounting needs to be sturdy so you don't get any movement when throwing charges.

Good shootin' -Al

I'll post a pic of your setup if you need me to.

A few for ideas:

I62rlLpl.jpg

cIXR5M8l.jpg

QuKS3l9l.jpg

a20V1UAl.jpg

A piece of Delrin for my B&M:

RAmwp6Bl.jpg

uvciY2al.jpg

Good shootin' -Al

I have a bracket similar to Al's. Had it from the beginning, +10 yrs. Got the idea from Lowell Hottenstein.

Great idea Al! Thanks for Sharing!

Is the Delrin one thick piece?

Yes, it's 1" thick. A pal works for a plastic mfg here and they always have flats, rounds, etc. You can also get it on ebay under the names Delrin or acetal.

I make bore guides from it too...works great.

Good shootin' -Al

TghqiwIl.jpg

Yes, it's 1" thick. A pal works for a plastic mfg here and they always have flats, rounds, etc. You can also get it on ebay under the names Delrin or acetal.

I make bore guides from it too...works great.

I'll order up a chunk of Delrin and hack on it with a hand saw and hand drill. ?

Another question: where do you find the rubbery self adhesive stuff?

The original statement was or asked what the pros and cons of a tool box powder measure mount is. The pros are that it takes less space on the loading bench, it is easily tucked away for transport, is a stable mount, and doesn’t require much in the way of mounting hardware. The con might be that the toolbox it is mounted on then isn’t easily moved about on the bench. I don’t care for using C-clamps on my bench whether it is at home or on the road. They add weight to the travel pack. The less I have to pack, the fewer things I’ll forget at home.

I'll order up a chunk of Delrin and hack on it with a hand saw and hand drill. ?

Another question: where do you find the rubbery self adhesive stuff?

Let me know what size you need and I'll rummage around in my stash and see what I have. The self adhesive anti-skid tape is a 3M product. Our local Ace Hardware stores sell it by the foot.

If you make a bracket, make sure it extends to the side far enough that you can open the drawers.

Good shootin' -Al

Back