Primer Availability

Just wondering if any of yall have delt with back-orders with Cabellas, and how much can I trust thier estimated shipping time of primers??

Just got some that were ordered back early April, the estimated date did move out over time, but after a couple of months the order was filled. Have some CCI primers on order right now and they have been pushed back a couple of times, about due again - will wait and see.

That said, would not have any primers without the order (even when backordered).

Jon ...

Just wondering if any of yall have delt with back-orders with Cabellas, and how much can I trust thier estimated shipping time of primers??

At best, those are guesstimates. Everything hinges on their suppliers ability to deliver which is based on their suppliers suppliers. Each member of the Supply Chain is dependent on the prior link. They'll get here when they arrive! :( Art

Back order of Fed 205Ms shipped today

Burno's shipped backorder of Fed 205Ms today. I rec email from
FedEx concerning a shipment to me. I confirmed with Burno's that they had received enough Fed 205M to fill their backorders.

Just got some that were ordered back early April, the estimated date did move out over time, but after a couple of months the order was filled. Have some CCI primers on order right now and they have been pushed back a couple of times, about due again - will wait and see.

That said, would not have any primers without the order (even when backordered).

Just had an emial from Cabela's on the CCI 400's and they have pushed them back once more. It is one of those things you just have to either look some place else, or be willing to wait (I am willing to wait).

I just bought...

4000 CCI 400 at a Frank's Great outdoors today. I left the split box on the shelf. Can't hog them all.:D $31.99 a box, thought I'd add that..

Primers

I just got a shipment of Fed 205Ms from Bruno's. I ordered them about two months ago. I didn't expect to see them this year, frankly, maybe things are easing a bit.

German

I'm 99% sure they were $49.95/1000 but I didn't buy any so I don't have a receipt to check. Bruno's is a mile from where I work so I drop in kind of often. I think I'm the reason for the "No Loitering" sign now... :p

Do you know the price of the Fed 205 Regulars?

I seem to recall a war we had going on during the 60s thru the early 70s. There was a whole bunch of small arms shooting going on. Probably much more than is shot up in Iraq and Afganistan. People were reloading at that time, police deptments bought ammo and so did the general public, and no shortage of primers. Several years ago action in Iraq was much hotter than it is now, no primer shortage. Now all of a sudden we have a primer shortage and it is blamed on high military usage. I somehow doubt that. I also doubt that each hoarder is buying tens of thousands primers each month.

I smell the federal government. Who needs to ban guns (and upset voters), when gun owners can't get ammo for those guns. Just cut back on production of ammo and/or components and blame it on the war and the military. The ammo companies would go along. Heck, GM and the banks/wall street went along with the government taking over and running their business. The health care industry is going to go along with Obamacare. Mr. Obama can do whatever he wants and no one will complain.

I agree with Bob H. ..........

Based on the history of the last 5 months, with all the idiotic schemes being shoved down our throats, it's the only plausible explanation.

Just about the only comments fit for this site on the primers issue.

I still see some primed brass for sale.

Lots of the reloaders of ammunition still producing.

And lastly The Military ammunition Doesn't use Civilian ammunition primers. For Instance CCI mfg and sells to civilians a MIL SPEC primer. All the ammo mfg are still making ammunition. The stories are a crock and we are getting ripped off and deprived of our rights while some TV yo yo gets paid to read a brainwashing script straight from Fort Bragg ( army SCi OPs) or other Source about why things are the way they are. Same thing with gas Families take vacations in the Summer when kids are out of school so gas prices rise to rip off people same with Holidays every years since I've been alive.

This reloaders components shortage is ridiculous. 1st brass then bullets then Primers.

Think of all the crime being prevented..... Yeah Before I commit a firearm crime let me go home and load 20 rounds of custom ammunition with match bullets match Components hand turned trimmed and weighed. But we can still by ammunition that shoots groups the size of pie plates.

Make no mistake people around the world are getting mad about the constant rip offs and BS excuses. Time for Tea Parties.

22.40 for Fed 210s and 26.90 for CCI BR4s as of 2 weeks ago on my order I recieved. Fed 155s were 22.40 also PLUS TAX .

Last edited:
Roger ...

Are you sure those are CCI BR4s ??? Are they finally producing them again ??? Who was your source ??? :)

Art

Yes sir cant wait, but its probably not gonna be a big crowd tomorrow since Kris, AJ, Wayne, Dick, Malford, and some others have gone prairiedoggin, so it should be an easy win for us tomorrow:D

Back