Price for a SEB rest

Travelor

I have a SEB NEO coming and have an agreement with a shooting friend for him to purchase my "pre-NEO" SEB rest with SEB front bag filled with heavy sand.

My question to the Forum is what is a reasonable price for the "pre-NEO" SEB rest?

never mix business with friendship, put the rest in the classifieds and let your friend know about it.

when you get an offer you like let your friend know and if he matches the offer you sell him the rest.

that way you get your fair price and he gets the rest and there is no friendship pressure.

never mix business with friendship, put the rest in the classifieds and let your friend know about it.

when you get an offer you like let your friend know and if he matches the offer you sell him the rest.

that way you get your fair price and he gets the rest and there is no friendship pressure.

I caLL BULL CRAP, so I look in the classifieds and call to make a deal and find out the FRIEND gets it, nice going for wasting my time, remind me never to call on any as you will ever place

Jefferson

Sometimes the word friend is used as a catchall. Truly a friend ... or just an acquaintance?

Price? Depends on its age and the condition that it is in. If it's in great shape 60 to 70% of what you paid for it. You eat the cost of shipping and taxes if any.

Don't forget, prices are constantly going up. You don't see many items these days [if being replaced new] where the prices are falling.

I caLL BULL CRAP, so I look in the classifieds and call to make a deal and find out the FRIEND gets it, nice going for wasting my time, remind me never to call on any as you will ever place

Jefferson

Call it what you want, he could use a local tabloid classifieds or even North Korea knitting forum classifieds, just as long as it's a public sale, that way he has no obligation of losing money just because a friend wants the rest.

I paid 1000.00 and happy. Very few come available. I was the first viewer of the add and it would have sold many times that day,

I have a SEB NEO coming and have an agreement with a shooting friend for him to purchase my "pre-NEO" SEB rest with SEB front bag filled with heavy sand.

My question to the Forum is what is a reasonable price for the "pre-NEO" SEB rest?

Hi Trav, is it the SEB gen-2 or when did you get/buy it, by the way?

seb.

delivery

I placed an order with your American distributor February of 2012, with delivery 9 months. I emailed November, and was told shipment would not be received until March 2013. Never heard another word. Bought another rest. I believe yours is better, but I believe there is something to be said for accurate representation.

Gerry

I placed an order with your American distributor February of 2012, with delivery 9 months. I emailed November, and was told shipment would not be received until March 2013. Never heard another word. Bought another rest. I believe yours is better, but I believe there is something to be said for accurate representation.

Gerry

Gerry, my apologies for the delays!
And for the in-accurate representation.

I will copy my email to our Dealers a few days ago. I hope you can understand with my situation / limitation, although your have bought another rest. (scroll down)

To: "ernieemily@yahoo.com" <ernieemily@yahoo.com>; "irvingfox1234@aol.com" <irvingfox1234@aol.com>; "robbycar@hotmail.com" <robbycar@hotmail.com>; "mike22ppc@yahoo.com" <mike22ppc@yahoo.com>
Sent: Sunday, May 19, 2013 10:27 PM
Subject: NEO delay

Gentlemen,

I am really sorry to tell you that I wouldn't be able to finish & ship the NEO rests around late May.

This referring to our today's progress i.e. the rest parts/components.
emo2.gif

Of course we have already worked to our bests, for over 12 hours per day with almost no weekend time/ holidays.

Thanks God that we are not completely worn-out now & still trying our best to finish the parts ASAP!

My best guess is, we could finish about an half of the rests (100 sets out of 210) around first week of June.

I will need a few days to install the finished parts

I can probably start to ship the rests around mid June, probably 10 rests per shipment.

From these 100 units+, my plan is: Ernie will get about 55 units (10 rests per shipment, to fill the order up to May 2012). Rob will get about 15 units (10 or 5 rests per shipment, for order up to June 2012).

Brian in the UK will get 30 units in one shipment as the rests will be shipped by seafreight.

In fact I have individual customers from Russia, Italy, Germany, France, South Africans, Brazil, Thailand, Philippines, Iceland, ETC - most of them have already in the list for over one year, but my priority is our Dealers.

I don't even sell my products to the locals.

---------------

We will be moving to our new workshop around mid June, just after we have shipped some of the rests.

We could probably finish the other 110's around late July. I do expect that I could finish & ship more quicker.

Ernie will get another 40 units from these rests (for orders up to late July 2012),

Rob will get another 10 (for orders up to August 2012).

Brian will get another 30 units.

Mike will get 10 rests.

I will send the remain units for the individuals mentioned above.

Rob, I will prepare 5 NEOs for loan at the WBC Sidney as promised.

We still have two or three shooters that informed us to loan. If there are no more, I will prepare three units only.

-----------------

We will soon make another batch of NEO (200 units) around first week or mid August, to be finished before X'mas.
However I do expect that I could ship some around late October?

------------------

During August to November 2013, I plan to make a batch of JOY-pod (first run,100 units).

------------------

Please let me know your NEW list for my record.

------------------

With the new workshop & more machines, I do expect that I can make more rests in the future, of course in the same or even better quality.

------------------

Thank you for your understanding & support! Again My Sincere Apology here!!!

I would be very happy if you could explain our situation & the delays to your customers. Thanks!

seb.

Until today I owe 400+ (plus) rests for those in the waiting list.
I say I "owe", even we don't ask / need NO deposit.
I had some people offered me 'high dollars" to get the rest sooner, but no thanks - I work on first come first serve basis.
Rest making is not my full time job. The demand & my pride on my front rests & my love to shooting that keep me make the rests.
Compared to the effort & time needed to build the rests it's not a machine $ maker.
I recently need about 60 hours total-combined to build one NEO rest. I have 8 machinists to help. Most parts are handmade / manually machined. It would easily cost 2 X if it is made in other shop.

Hope this explains the situation.
Again I am sorry!
seb.

George, from what I can remember the gen-2 rests have new bearings, improved internal parts, collet type joystick attachment, & metal-knurled thumb screws. The last ones I shipped to Ernie (around late 2012) have internal built-in uplift.
Hope this help,
seb.

Mate,

The price of pre-NEO" SEB rest is near about 850.00 to 1000.00. For further detail please visit to eBay or OLX to get latest price quotes with complete terms and conditions.

Hanging Scale

Last edited by a moderator:
1st Gen SEB

I have a 1st gen SEB That's simply perfect! It's still as smooth as silk. Guys @ the range always want to see it and ask questions. Sebastian makes great product!

I bought it quite a while ago, from the US Dealer (now disceased) that was handling things prior to Ernie.

At the time, I think I paid $750.00 for the rest and $75.00 for the BigFoot bag. The wait back then was about 3 weeks IIRC! I can see how these older units (if in perfect shape) could bring 1K now! It's not like you can just call and have a new one shipped right out!

I made a shorter joystick handle (I'll post pics tonight) w/ a collet attachment. Some smaller rifles would cause the long factory joystick to bump into the SEB BigFoot bag.

I also put some fiber washers under the 3 knurled, aluminum jam nuts for the leg adjuster screws so there would be a coushion between the jam nuts and the beautiful copper-color hammer tone base.

Those promised pics

I have a 1st gen SEB That's simply perfect! It's still as smooth as silk. Guys @ the range always want to see it and ask questions. Sebastian makes great product!

I bought it quite a while ago, from the US Dealer (now disceased) that was handling things prior to Ernie.

At the time, I think I paid $750.00 for the rest and $75.00 for the BigFoot bag. The wait back then was about 3 weeks IIRC! I can see how these older units (if in perfect shape) could bring 1K now! It's not like you can just call and have a new one shipped right out!

I made a shorter joystick handle (I'll post pics tonight) w/ a collet attachment. Some smaller rifles would cause the long factory joystick to bump into the SEB BigFoot bag.

I also put some fiber washers under the 3 knurled, aluminum jam nuts for the leg adjuster screws so there would be a coushion between the jam nuts and the beautiful copper-color hammer tone base.

An old (small) drill chuck (the original collet), jamnut, bolt and a pill bottle filled w/ epoxy!

SebNewHandle_zps117e8bc1.jpg

a new, cheap, harbor freight 1/2 drill chuck for a counterweight.

SebFrontWeight_zps3a892e60.jpg

Back