Premier Reticule Running Boar

ThSimpson

Hi, I got a 12X Leupond running boar scope. I am sure it is for air gun, do to not focusing past 15 yards or so. It as a sticker on it 27th internnational shooting championships NRA 1987. So anybody know the story on these scopes?? I bought it as a 12x Leupold. It wont work for what I want to do. If I screw the Premier add on off (cant get it off it must be lock tighed on), send back to Leupold and have another rear objective put on, will that fix the parralex?? but still dones not have cross hairs just a dot. I am thinking Premier does not work on scopes any more???? Or should I send to to Akerman or Walley Seibert (is he still doing scopes?) and have them look at it??

Help and suggestions

Thom Simpson
Holyoke

Hi, I got a 12X Leupond running boar scope. I am sure it is for air gun, do to not focusing past 15 yards or so. It as a sticker on it 27th internnational shooting championships NRA 1987. So anybody know the story on these scopes?? I bought it as a 12x Leupold. It wont work for what I want to do. If I screw the Premier add on off (cant get it off it must be lock tighed on), send back to Leupold and have another rear objective put on, will that fix the parralex?? but still dones not have cross hairs just a dot. I am thinking Premier does not work on scopes any more???? Or should I send to to Akerman or Walley Seibert (is he still doing scopes?) and have them look at it??

Help and suggestions

Thom Simpson
Holyoke

Thom, As I found out not too long ago, Wally Siebert is no longer with us. He passed away last year. He and his expertise will surely be missed.

On a standard Leupold, the parallax is adjusted via the front lens. I've been able to adjust parallax on the Leupold 1.5-4X for use on squirrel rifles, w/ good results.

The adjustment can be done "at home" w/ the PROPER spanner, and it does take some time to "get it right." The process involves unscrewing (miniature strap wrench, sometimes a rubber sheet for opening jars works) the front bell cap (in front of the Golden Ring) so that the spanner can then turn the front lens carrier.

RE: Premier, try a heat gun, on low, remove w/ that strap wrench.

HTH

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm very interrested in your Leopold premiere scope. Are you interrested in selling it? Do you know what Retickle it has? This kind had three options two post or two dotts or two loop.
I know everything about the premiere scopes.

Back