Please help me identify this rifle!! Rare??

Wilbur is trying to save you a lot of time and money, not trying to belittle you.[/QUOTE

Fair enough Butch. I was just expecting, buy a this Creedmoor, this scope should work, start big and finish small. Hell I saw Vortex Optics shooting 1000 with one of their scopes on a Ruger American. I may not be Hathcock, but I can shoot. I don’t know about you guys but I’ll spend thousands to win $2 on principle alone, but I might not be right in the head.

Yes sir, we all spend thousands in a quest for the small group. Point is, some of the guys are saying that some rifles are just a big hole to throw your money into. It sure would help you to actually go to a shoot to observe first.

All in the capitalization! Got it! In no way was I trying to downplay your sport by calling this firearm a Benchrest gun when clearly its a benchrest gun. Truth be told I’m new to this whole scene and when I say new I mean I’m still reading and not pulling any triggers. I bought a couple guns I thought could be used 500+ and now I managed to get myself into a bet where I have to hit MOA at 1000 yards. Truth be told I’m not sure anything I have is going to do that so now I’ll end up spending a bunch of money to win a $2 bill. This weird little gun sure isn’t going to do it but hell I bought it for $400 at an auction because it looked cool. I appreciate everyone’s input and information.

I apologize for the snowflakes that have been offended over an honest question. Don’t know a thing about your rifle, but best of luck in your search. There are a few good guys on here that are very helpful, hopefully they will post more than the “others”. Cool rifle

To ceow717

I don`t know much about shooting at 1000 yds. but I have a friend at the range that does that type of shooting. He said to check out redrockprecision.com Click on videos and then click on long range shooting the 28 Nosler. It`s shooting sub MOA at 800 and 1200 yds. If it`s factual that will win you the money. However, it is on the internet.

Last edited:
1000 yd gun to win $2 bet

Go to Bob White's website and open " The List". Purchase B10 or B18. Get all the info you can from Bob or the former owner of the gun as you will have to load your own ammo they may have a good load. Practice at 1000yd range closest to you in all kind of conditions. When you can shoot 1MOA in most wind and conditions bring your friend and his $2 to the range and give it your best shot. I have shot in the 1000yd matches at Manatee and been in several shoot offs for the win, then there are days when the wind and mirage is so bad that on those trips I never hit the target ( an 8 inch disk on a swinger ). Remember what my mentor said "speed and BC are your only friends". Good luck

well remember first time shooting 1000yards 375( not a mistype) Weatherby, 300 gr bt, dead nuts at 600yds. managed to hit the paper ( can't remember think it was 6'x6') at 1k, pill tumbling- it ran out of oomph somewhere between 600 and 1000. long time ago. likely would have been better off with 30-06 and 190's or 168's hpbt pills.

I apologize for the snowflakes that have been offended over an honest question. Don’t know a thing about your rifle, but best of luck in your search. There are a few good guys on here that are very helpful, hopefully they will post more than the “others”. Cool rifle

Thank you.

I don`t know much about shooting at 1000 yds. but I have a friend at the range that does that type of shooting. He said to check out redrockprecision.com Click on videos and then click on long range shooting the 28 Nosler. It`s shooting sub MOA at 800 and 1200 yds. If it`s factual that will win you the money. However, it is on the internet.

Thank you for the lead. I will check it out!

well remember first time shooting 1000yards 375( not a mistype) Weatherby, 300 gr bt, dead nuts at 600yds. managed to hit the paper ( can't remember think it was 6'x6') at 1k, pill tumbling- it ran out of oomph somewhere between 600 and 1000. long time ago. likely would have been better off with 30-06 and 190's or 168's hpbt pills.

Definitely food for thought. Thank you sir.

Go to Bob White's website and open " The List". Purchase B10 or B18. Get all the info you can from Bob or the former owner of the gun as you will have to load your own ammo they may have a good load. Practice at 1000yd range closest to you in all kind of conditions. When you can shoot 1MOA in most wind and conditions bring your friend and his $2 to the range and give it your best shot. I have shot in the 1000yd matches at Manatee and been in several shoot offs for the win, then there are days when the wind and mirage is so bad that on those trips I never hit the target ( an 8 inch disk on a swinger ). Remember what my mentor said "speed and BC are your only friends". Good luck

Luckily I live in the country in southern Wisconsin so I have 1000 yards of flat shooting right out my back door! Thank you for the info, sounds like I just need to start pulling triggers!

Only 1 point that matters while shooting 1000 yards-

EVERYTHING!!

20fps variation from shot to shot will NOT hold you in the 10" X ring at 1000yds.

Single digit ES are required,now call & dope the conditions.

Wilbur is trying to save you a lot of time and money, not trying to belittle you.

That's a true statement but I understand your response. I also understand more than it seems you give me credit but am genuinely happy that your trying to do it. I'll say that you're in the right train but on the wrong track. I wish you all the luck I've got to wish (not very lucky these days) and hope that you win that 2 dollar bet...seriously!

Plus...I've spent a lot of money trying to win less than two bucks!!!

That's a true statement but I understand your response. I also understand more than it seems you give me credit but am genuinely happy that your trying to do it. I'll say that you're in the right train but on the wrong track. I wish you all the luck I've got to wish (not very lucky these days) and hope that you win that 2 dollar bet...seriously!

Plus...I've spent a lot of money trying to win less than two bucks!!!

Hopefully this new purchase will put me on the right track??

Attachments

• A2342A41-BEEB-4846-9ADA-90F98F24B500.jpeg
    A2342A41-BEEB-4846-9ADA-90F98F24B500.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 150
Back