Please help me identify this rifle!! Rare??

I feel build/builder is more important than chambering in his list.... IMO 6BR don't make a Salvage magic but Speedy's probably got some things right.

Speedy can't save a 25-06. I'd take a Savage factory rifle in 6mmbr over it and bet money.

And another Amen, Butch. :)

As Paulie Walnuts would say..... "Bingo!" :cool: -Al

ggjGdh3l.jpg

Probably true but dang it’s good looking.

Attachments

• 14A7CBD0-9A2D-4C8E-A2C2-B420DF646E1E.jpeg
    14A7CBD0-9A2D-4C8E-A2C2-B420DF646E1E.jpeg
    469.2 KB · Views: 237
WAIT'afriggin' minnit...... ain't that just one a' them 25-06 "Winchester M70 Classics"???? I got one a' them in the safe, I'll go look when I get home.... that will N E V E R in a hunner't years agg moa@1K I don't care if Speedy licked it clean AND poured his special sauce onnit.....

Al,the mod70 Classics that I have seen were post64 and had all blue receiver and barrel.

You're probably right..... I don't really register factory offerings any more.... but I'll rescind my opinion if that's the -06.... and note that that's a pretty gunky hunk of walnut with some decent checkering on it so "maybe-maybe-maybe it's kinda' accurized inside???"

But I doubt it.

Sooo..... Ceow717, I'm gonna' re-state my position. I'm still not getting on board with these guys but I'll rescind my vote for Speedy Gonzales' gun.

But I also completely disbelieve a factory Savage can get the job done after spending (wasting?) time on a half-dozen really expensive Savages over last 5-6yrs.

Agg'ing 1moa at a thousand is no joke, even though 6.5CM's do it all over the innernet all day when guys do their part

You're probably right..... I don't really register factory offerings any more.... but I'll rescind my opinion if that's the -06.... and note that that's a pretty gunky hunk of walnut with some decent checkering on it so "maybe-maybe-maybe it's kinda' accurized inside???"

But I doubt it.

Sooo..... Ceow717, I'm gonna' re-state my position. I'm still not getting on board with these guys but I'll rescind my vote for Speedy Gonzales' gun.

But I also completely disbelieve a factory Savage can get the job done after spending (wasting?) time on a half-dozen really expensive Savages over last 5-6yrs.

Agg'ing 1moa at a thousand is no joke, even though 6.5CM's do it all over the innernet all day when guys do their part

I’ll probably just end up buying a creedmoor... I’ll try with the savage for fun. I’ve got space, time and ammo

Anything could happen. He sure didn't do the stock and as I said, the stock is nice. Still, if you are wanting accuracy, it ain't the right caliber. Speedy can build an accurate rifle, but that is a hunting rifle only.

Anything could happen. He sure didn't do the stock and as I said, the stock is nice. Still, if you are wanting accuracy, it ain't the right caliber. Speedy can build an accurate rifle, but that is a hunting rifle only.

The stock is a Dakota Arms. The action is pre-64 Model 70. I don’t think that’s my thousand yard rifle either, I just think it’s really friggin cool.

......now I managed to get myself into a bet where I have to hit MOA at 1000 yards.....

It's not easy to do that with the very best of rifles. 1000 yards almost always offers a little wind and in my opinion that's what will cost you the 2 bucks. Just say you don't think you can do it and pay the bet.

It's not easy to do that with the very best of rifles. 1000 yards almost always offers a little wind and in my opinion that's what will cost you the 2 bucks. Just say you don't think you can do it and pay the bet.

With all due respect, telling someone not to try is pretty much the worst advice ever.

Back