Piloted Center Drills

Sleddog

I’m looking for a set of piloted center drills. I used to have a set (3 drills) I believe they were made by Clymer.
Anyone have a set they’re not using & willing to sell?

Piloted center drills?

I’m looking for a set of piloted center drills. I used to have a set (3 drills) I believe they were made by Clymer.
Anyone have a set they’re not using & willing to sell?

Not sure exactly what you are looking for as the tool suppliers have several types of tools that sort of fall in this catagory.
Knowing the size you want would help.
Check out at McMaster Carr or MSC for quick identification and you might have a local reseller in your neighborhood.
Good luck.
Centerfire

Piloted center REAMER is probably a better description. It is used to cut/ream an accurate center in a barrel.

I know new are available from JGS & Manson..I thought I may be able to find a used set.

Piloted center REAMER is probably a better description. It is used to cut/ream an accurate center in a barrel.

I know new are available from JGS & Manson..I thought I may be able to find a used set.

Not for benchrest quality chambering.

Not for benchrest quality chambering.

What in the world is wrong with setting the compound to 30 ( if that's the way your lathe is set up), Dial indicator in the bore, adjust to as close to zero as you can get, and cut the center from the inside out? Can't get better than this.

What in the world is wrong with setting the compound to 30 ( if that's the way your lathe is set up), Dial indicator in the bore, adjust to as close to zero as you can get, and cut the center from the inside out? Can't get better than this.

Works only if you’re able to put the barrel through the headstock & dial it in. I’m not arguing there may be different or better ways of doing barrel work. My machine does have enough room to do it in the headstock. I prefer working between centers.
I’ll admit it’s been 35-40 years since I built & shot competition BR rifles. However, I was successful & competitive throughout the North Central region as well as at several Super Shoots & National events. I’m not looking to get back into competition again, just going to build a couple Varmint rifles for the Grandkids.

Back