Packing materials disposal

adamsgt

Jerry Adams
While I'm glad that I don't see Styrofoam pellets used much anymore, the plastic air pillows have their own issues. Is there a better way to get rid of them besides stabbing them to death? Any other uses for them?

They can make those long car trips much less of a trial if you use them to pack those %#@@* things that rattle & vibrate.

You can sell 'em on ebay as dehydrated water.... Today's modern camper is all about weight, they do take up a lot of room in your pack but they're lighter and more efficient than packing in water.

While I'm glad that I don't see Styrofoam pellets used much anymore, the plastic air pillows have their own issues. Is there a better way to get rid of them besides stabbing them to death? Any other uses for them?

I save some of them for packing birthday and christmas gifts.

Those that I don't want, I stab and then toss in the recyling bin.

You can sell 'em on ebay as dehydrated water.... Today's modern camper is all about weight, they do take up a lot of room in your pack but they're lighter and more efficient than packing in water.

Hey, people bought pet rocks so you may have something there. ;)

Hey, people bought pet rocks so you may have something there. ;)

See, now that's just stupid.... why buy a rock? I just went out and caught and tamed one on my own, that way you're sure to get one that's acclimated to your area. I knew people back in the day ORDERED their rocks from other states. And of course they languished..... DUHH!

people are just silly

al

If there's an IMMEDIATE use...use them. If no immediate use exists then stab them to death and throw them away. If you find a use tomorrow...just deal with it.

I had a big stash of the little air pillows. I had to ship a scope off for replacement and packed the box with every one I had....even the flat ones.

Well when they shipped the scope back the used a box the was about 10 times larger than needed and packed it plum full of more air pillows...so I got about 3 times as many as I started with.

I had a pet rock, named him Rocky. Since people manicure, etc their dogs, I formed him into a nice smooth oval and polished him to a high gloss shine. He was so cute, I decided to take him to work. As soon as I put him on my desk, he left the desk and went to my co-workers cube next to me. He tried to kick him back over to me but he just kept going back. I felt really rejected and sad but like the old saying goes "If you love something, set it free, if it comes back it's yours, if it doesn't, it never was".......

PS: One day I was walking by my co-workers area and noticed Rocky wasn't there anymore. He said he decided to take him home. He also said he renamed him Wheelchock. I don't know what that was about or how he came up with that. Oh well, there will always be a place close to my heart that reminds me of him, but my doctors says he going to remove that.
Hovis

Last edited:
See if there's a need or use for them at your local U-pack and ship store. They accept foam peanuts, so am guessing clean air bags in good condition probably won't be turned away.

I had a pet rock, named him Rocky. Since people manicure, etc their dogs, I formed him into a nice smooth oval and polished him to a high gloss shine. He was so cute, I decided to take him to work. As soon as I put him on my desk, he left the desk and went to my co-workers cube next to me. He tried to kick him back over to me but he just kept going back. I felt really rejected and sad but like the old saying goes "If you love something, set it free, if it comes back it's yours, if it doesn't, it never was".......

PS: One day I was walking by my co-workers area and noticed Rocky wasn't there anymore. He said he decided to take him home. He also said he renamed him Wheelchock. I don't know what that was about or how he came up with that. Oh well, there will always be a place close to my heart that reminds me of him, but my doctors says he going to remove that.
Hovis

Ohhh that's just sick. I could see naming a CAT wheelchock but a ROCK???

Ahhh, the Humanity

al

grandkids new toys

They make great "poppers" for the kids.
Take one bag at a time, hold in one hand and slap your hands together. Done correctly they will match the level of a firecracker, especially in the house. Once the kids are done amusing themselves, put them with the plastic grocery bags from the local store and recycle them.

Back