OT-Buckeyes, 2015 First National College Football Champs

Chism G

What about them Ohio State Buckeyes? They weren't suppose to be at the big dance.
Yeah, I'm a fan. They put a royal whooping on oregon and I enjoyed every second. Huge Victory.

TCU,(Texas Christian University) number 3 in the nation, Had a great season. I think they would have been a better opponent for the Buckeyes.

Glenn

Glenn,
I Buckeye fan, never would have guessed that! My son in law was at the game last night and I can't wait for his play by play narrative? Now, are you a Brown's fan also?
Regards,

Joe McNeill
SW Arkansas

National College Football Champs

Hey Joe. Happy New year to ya.

I was a Cleveland Brown Fan before I was a Dallas Cowboy Fan. I attended my first Cleveland Brown game in 1958,at Cleveland stadium. Jim Brown and Bobby Mitchell put on a show I will never forget. My hot chocolate was frozen solid by half time. I graduated high School in Akron. That was real Football(A violent Sport) back in them days, without all the sissy rules we have today.

Ohio State had a great season. I’ve always been a kinda silent fan.

Hope to see ya in Arkansas

Glenn

What about them Ohio State Buckeyes? They weren't suppose to be at the big dance.
Yeah, I'm a fan. They put a royal whooping on oregon and I enjoyed every second. Huge Victory.

TCU,(Texas Christian University) number 3 in the nation, Had a great season. I think they would have been a better opponent for the Buckeyes.

Glenn

And it would have been a 60+ to 20 game if the Bucs had not given the ball away FOUR times.

They have the best amateur (college) team money can buy. Weren't they hit with sanctions to exclude them from bowl games for X years?
I don't really follow football too closely. Can you tell?
The latest fiascos with Detroit and then Green Bay, with the common thread being Dallas, just fortifies my stance.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.:eek: How did THAT TEAM UP NORTH do this year? That bad huh?

The words Harbaugh and Savior don't generally collide in the same sentence. It will be a hoot watching him try to make a horse race out of it though. Laugh a minute. For the next 3 years the Bucs are going to be a DOMINANT team. Get used to it. I can remember when they were way less though. Hell, I am so old that I can remember WAY back when that team up North was actually something to fear. Not so much lately....................:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, The Ducks simply had nothing for that Buckeye running game.

This game reminded me of the old saying...."when a good big man fights a good little man, the big man wins"

Many thought that the Buckeyes did not belong in the playoffs, but after knocking off the number one team (Alabama) and the number two Oregon, who can argue? As Jackie said they simply ran the ball down the Ducks gizzard.:p James

Defense prevails

Ohio State has a huge Offensive line that opened gaping holes in the Ducks Defense. Any running back would have looked good behind that Offensive line.

Defense is what won the game for the Buckeyes. They turned the ball over four times, but Oregon was unable to capitalize.

Oregon State(The Ducks)put up 59 points against Florida State in the Rose Bowl. The score was 59 to 20 to be exact. I bet my money on Florida State in that game. I ignored the fact that their defense has been inconsistent all season long.

In Football a good defense is always the best offense. I'm happy for the Buckeyes.

Glenn

Hunter, the highly regarded SEC had disastrous results in the bowl games; i.e. Alabama, LSU, Ole Miss, Miss State, and Auburn all lost. So much for the rankings:mad: James

Glenn, Oregon State didn't play. As you know, I'm a WVU fan, but the bucket eyes couldn't play with TCU. Both teams have a lot of folks coming back next year. It could be interesting.

Glenn, Oregon State didn't play. As you know, I'm a WVU fan, but the bucket eyes couldn't play with TCU. Both teams have a lot of folks coming back next year. It could be interesting.

Butch..Oregon State didn't play because the Ohio State defense shut em down. That's what defense does. I don't know if any team could have beat the Buckeyes in that game. They were well prepared.

Glenn

Geeze Butch..... I used to think you knew what you were talking about.

Hey, The Ducks simply had nothing for that Buckeye running game.

This game reminded me of the old saying...."when a good big man fights a good little man, the big man wins"

And that Jackie is what happens when you take a knife to a gunfight. It has been a spell since I have seen a defense play up to that standard.

Back