Oregon rimfire benchrest

MightyMouse

I'm moving to the Albany, OR area and looking for a range or gun club that does rimfire benchrest matches, any info would be great, TIA.

MightyMouse, I checked the ARA database, and there are no ARA sanctioned clubs in Oregon. Check it to see if there's something out of state but close enough you can drive to?

Good luck!

I also checked IR50 and N50. Doesn't look like much going on in your area as far as RFBR. Maybe you can find a local match at a club near you

Kenmore Washington.
4 hrs away.
I knew this because that’s where smoothtrigger from RFC shoots.
I have talked on the phone with him about his incredible Anschutz’s he had built.
Smoothtrigger from RFC would be who to talk to. He may know other places.

Last edited:
Capital City R and P club Rochester, WA. 3hr drive.......IR50/50 3-gun. Same day double match once a month.
The only other sanctioned (IR or ARA) clubs would be Diablo R&G Club (IR Factory and UL) in Concord, CA 8-1/2hrs and Modesto Rifle Club (ARA UL) in Modesto, CA 9-1/2hrs.

Perhaps there are local clubs, as has been suggested, that may have local matches or leagues.

Good luck........Scott

MightyMouse, unfortunately there aren't any sanctioned matches in Oregon anymore. I'm just outside of Eugene and the only thing close is Capital Cities in Washington, I shoot there. We're always looking for new shooters. There's an informal match in Roseburg the first Sunday of the month, they use ARA targets, one at 50 yards and one at 75 yards but use an unusual scoring method. Emerald Empire Gun Club in Springfied holds a 100/200 yard match monthly. I believe Tacoma will be having N50 matches but I've not shot one yet. Also Sacramento holds IR50/50 Unlimited matches and I go down there for the State and Regionals that they hold on the same weekend usually around Sept. or Oct.

Dennis

MightyMouse, unfortunately there aren't any sanctioned matches in Oregon anymore. I'm just outside of Eugene and the only thing close is Capital Cities in Washington, I shoot there. We're always looking for new shooters. There's an informal match in Roseburg the first Sunday of the month, they use ARA targets, one at 50 yards and one at 75 yards but use an unusual scoring method. Emerald Empire Gun Club in Springfied holds a 100/200 yard match monthly. I believe Tacoma will be having N50 matches but I've not shot one yet. Also Sacramento holds IR50/50 Unlimited matches and I go down there for the State and Regionals that they hold on the same weekend usually around Sept. or Oct.

Dennis
Mighty Mouse,
As Dennis points out we hold IR50/50 Registered matches every month on the 3rd Sat. at Sac Valley Shooting Center @ 20 miles east of Sacramento. Jason will eventually get his site updated. We usually post the date a week or so before the match on this and other sites.
Long drive down 5 though.
G

The California clubs schedules have been posted to the site. Cap City will be gathered and posted soon as well. Emerald Empire and Tacoma both used to shoot IR5050 matches but that was before my time. Would love to have them shooting again if someone would like to be a match director.

Www.ir5050.com

Back