Optics Recomendations?

TrxR

I am looking at a Savage Model 12LRPV for target shooting only NO HUNTING. Anyways I was wondering what you all recommended for scope/base and rings? I am looking for something that is good quality and will last but not necessarily destroy the bank. Im going to be starting at around 300 yds then going to try to push out to a 1000yds eventually. I wont be doing much competing mostly doing this as a hobby.

What are your opinions on the Bushnell Elite 4200's?

So what do you suggest?

Thanks

Have 2 LRPV'S..a 22-250 W/ a leupold 5-20 fine x hair..had to send it back for shifting poi..fixed & no more problems...a 6mmbr w/ a nikon 6-24 fine x hair..no pronlems..had a 4200 8-32 on a 52d to shoot 50m br..at first shot great then shifting poi..sent it back & had it fixed.. then sold it..one of the guys i shoot with had the same problem with a 4200..the most trouble free scopes i have are nikon monarchs..i just got a weaver t-36..so far a good scope..i am not a big bushnell fan

TrxR....

I have a Savage M12 LRPV,.223 Rem and I use a Weaver T36 w/ plain
X-hair sitting in Simmons rings on Weaver bases----works GREAT!!! About
$425.00 for all of it. I highly recommend it. gpoldblue

Another problem with Bushnell 4200 scopes is the limited adjustment. You cant zero at 100yds and crank up to 1000yds like you can with other scopes.

I have Farrell base and rings on my LRPV, and those made by Badger are just as good. Very solid, easy installation, perfect fit. Did not need to lap them.

Back