One Step Closer

S

sgeorge

As air rifle benchrest continues in an evolution to better scores, there will always be special moments. This moment will be forgotten but it is special right now.

Shooting outdoors, Joe Friedrich has shot a 749-51X in USA Open class. The only question is who will shoot the first 750 outdoors?

As air rifle benchrest continues in an evolution to better scores, there will always be special moments. This moment will be forgotten but it is special right now.

Shooting outdoors, Joe Friedrich has shot a 749-51X in USA Open class. The only question is who will shoot the first 750 outdoors?

Congratulations Joe, that is a fantastic score for inside, let alone outside. This has pushed the envelpope on again as to what an air rifle can achieve.

I would be interested in what kit was used in terms of power & caliber.

Cheers

Tony

Thanks Steve, that was thoughtful of you to post.

Tony,
The action is a Dawson as is the trigger. The barrel is a 2 groove BM .22 cal. chambered by Jim Herrick, it uses one of Jim's air strippers. The regulator was reworked by AZ. It loves AA or Cometa 16 grainers. The pellets are not weighed, sorted or any other method. They are washed and lube is used, that's it.

The rifle shoots at 29.6 ft lbs with the above pellets. It stouts a big all aluminum 4" wide fore-end custom built stock, weighing in with a weaver scope at 19.5 lbs.

This rifle flat out shoots. This last Monday and Wednesday in testing it did shoot a 750-60x and a 749-48x.

Regards,
Joe

Joe is the man, always has been and always will be...

Start saving, getting healthy and doing whatever you gotta do, to get Down Under for the 2015 WRABF World Championships mate.

Things are coming together

a bit sooner than I thought they might but I could see this sport would rival any of the others, given time. Congratulations Joe.

Pete

Joe,

I don't shoot BR air rifle, but I've always been very interested in it and try to stay current with what you guys are doing.
Congrats! That's a great score and a wonderful achievement.

I hope to meet or visit with you some day.

Landy

You da man Joe..............

Fantastic job my friend! Congratulations are in order once again.

We at USARBR have come to expect great things from you ever sense your celebrated first 250 score.

It is obvious that your dedication to extreme accuracy and personal perseverance has once again shown all of us that greatness is in deed possible. Your personal involvement in perpetuating our sport and routinely doing the seemingly impossible indeed reveals you are a most exceptional individual. We that aspire and struggle at this sport are most proud to call you friend.
We both humbly and collectively thank you.

Frank Tirrell

Joe,

Simply AWESOME! But, then again, not surprising since you have always been the one we all follow in both airgun and rimfire. Congratulations my friend.

Dave

I am predicting

there will be some remarkable scores shot at the 2015 World Championships. May even have to move the distance to 50M before then to avoid al the 250-25's :)

Pete

Back