Old time Rimfire disapline

Milko

Keith Smith Oz DownUnder
Some years ago I came across an article about Rimfire Benchrest shot indoors where a competitor would shoot one shot at a round paper disc then the disc would be placed on a peg and the runout would be measured with a dial indicator to measure who had placed their shot closest to the centre to find the winner.
Does any one have recollection of this type of shooting and where it was shot?

Keith Smith
OZ Down Under

I wonder

knowing the inequity and randomness of Rimfire ammo, what sense a game like that might make? Sounds more like a dice game to me.

Pete

Heck it gives something to complain about that no one can argue with. and then there is that proverbial light at the end of the tunnel ( but that could just be another freight train coming.)

knowing the inequity and randomness of Rimfire ammo, what sense a game like that might make? Sounds more like a dice game to me.

Pete

They shoot it standing, try it. You may look kind of foolish getting your a$$ kicked by a bunch of old guys with out of round ammo..... lol... jim

bottle cap shooting

Wass is just as clueless about this as most things. Pete take a couple of those Wed. night Coopers down to Penn. and show Peightal and the boys how to do it.

Pete

Bless ya Pete, you have a future as a motivational speaker, maybe volunteer at the suicide hot line center.

why you folks play around with those things at all. :confused:

LOL.....Why do people climb Mt Everest?

Having been involved in multiple shooting disciplines for well over 40 years, I found it a worthwhile goal to see how close I could approach CF precision with RF.

Well it's still not close but considering what we're working with in regards to ignition, obturation of soft lead projectiles, horrid ballistics, and literally dozens of other variables that prohibit RF from ever approaching CF precision....it's a fun ride!

Besides, you're competing against others who have the same handicap and the competition is every bit as fierce as any other shooting endeavor, and the skill needed to win is just as important as any other competitive sport.

Landy

bottle caps

bottle cap rifle

Attachments

• DSC00376.JPG
    DSC00376.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 243
  • DSC00378.JPG
    DSC00378.JPG
    162.6 KB · Views: 263
bottle cap

bottle cap rifle