Nosler Competition Bullets

R

Rich K

Have done a search for info on other threads but didnt come up with much. Have shot many a Nosler BT and loved them but none of their competition bullets. Does anybody have any first hand experience with them, especially in 6.5 or 30 cal? They seem a very good price, if they are well made

Cheers Rich.K

Nosler Comp. Bullets

Have done a search for info on other threads but didnt come up with much. Have shot many a Nosler BT and loved them but none of their competition bullets. Does anybody have any first hand experience with them, especially in 6.5 or 30 cal? They seem a very good price, if they are well made

Cheers Rich.K
===============================
Last year I had Dave Tubb's Co. (in Texas)
Boron coat 1,000 Nosler 140gr. Comp. 6.5cal. bullets
for me. And, I have been shooting them in my 6.5-284's from 100 yds. to
1,000 yds. and I like them as much as the Molly coated 142 gr. SMK
that I have been using. I like them both.:D "Badlands"

Gerry, so just as accurate as the SMKS. What was the box to box consistency like and the individual finish? I know you had them Boron coated but they seem a very inexpensive bullet?

Rich,

I measured part of a box of 6mm Nosler comps and the bearing surface uniformity was about what you would expect for any good mass produced bullet, about 0.004" extreme variation. I haven't shot enough of them to provide a well founded opinion about accuacy but in general their performance seemed fine. They certainly are value priced.

Greg

Thanks for the input Greg. Does that measurement of bearing surface deviation stand with the likes of SMKs and Bergers? I think I will get some bought and give them a go

Rick,

Yes. The bearing surface length variation I observed on my small sample of the Nosler's is no different than what I find on most lots of Bergers or recent production Sierras. I consider that amount of variation perfectly acceptible for most score games but for best results in long range BR or F-Class I recommend sorting for length.

Greg

Gidday Rich,

I use 69grn Nosler Custom Competition and Sierra Matchking .224 projectiles in my 223Rem bolt rifle from a bench. Both perform equally well with the loads used. I match projectiles by the base to the ogive length and any variation is about the same with both.
I aslo use 77grn Nosler with good results.

I've used the Nosler 155gr 30cal bullet for NRA prone matches from 500-1000yd and they perform excellently.

Nosler CC

Ive been using the .224 dia 80 gr CC in both a 22 BR and a pair of ARs-223. Ive pretty much gone strait to the Noslers and left the SMKs on the shelf. My limited experience suggests the Noslers have a bit better BC. also Shows a bit less "come up" at longer ranges with similar loads. I kinda like the 250 count box size also-Dont care for the 50s not that that makes any practical dif.

I shoot the custom competition in my 700 Police in 308 and 700 tactical 223, they shoot just about as good as Sierras, i shoot the 168s in my 08 and 69s in my 223, I am satisfied with them, I can hit golf balls consistently at 200 yds with the 223. I reccomend them..

Back