Norma 201

Bob Kingsbury

Just wondering if anyone is still using N201. It, I have been told is
not the same as it once was , now being made from wood celulose.
Seems most are made from wood now anyways.

I shoot N201 in my deuce mag quite a bit. I also find it very energetic and accurate with 69 SMK's in AR15's. I have wondered about trying it in my 6PPC especially with some 65 or 66 gr Bt's. I posted about this on another forum awhile back and got little to any response Sounds to me like everyone dropped it like a hot rock, I'd like to know why...
Mark

I shoot N201 in my deuce mag quite a bit. I also find it very energetic and accurate with 69 SMK's in AR15's. I have wondered about trying it in my 6PPC especially with some 65 or 66 gr Bt's. I posted about this on another forum awhile back and got little to any response Sounds to me like everyone dropped it like a hot rock, I'd like to know why...
Mark

The last bit is easy...it hasn't been imported into Australia in maybe 30 years! I shot a lot of it many years ago (in the PPC) and found it to be an excellent powder. About 29.4gns was the load from memory.

Brendan Atkinson

Mark, could you e-mail the .223 load w/69 gr bullets? Also the 222 mag w/52 grainers? Thank you much "tommy13gun@yahoo.com
Mark

N201

I shot N201 in the mid '90's after Speedy brought in a load of it. I understood he was aiming for 8208 characteristics. I never shot 8208 so I can't comment on the success or lack there of N201 since 133 has ruled the roost since then.

I found that lot and the commercial lots then available picky for their tune window. I had more consistancy from 322 so I carried on with that until I fell victim :D to the evil spell of Hunter Class.

Russ

Back