Nightforce 15-55 problems ?

denobravo

I spent the morning on a forum that brought up PAST nightforce problems that the 15-55 competition scopes were having holding zero.
This is the first Ive ever heard of it and I am curious if any of you have had a problem with your 15-55 competiton scope holding zero.
Thanks guys

Nightforce 15-55

Use one on rimfire no problems. had it about 4 to 6 years, use it at 25 and 50 yards at least once a week (before lock down).
84 years and need the power.

Two, three years ago it was fairly common knowledge that the 2013 NF Competition scopes were developing problems holding zero. NF, AFAIK, has never acknowledged that there was a problem. However, scopes that were sent in for repairs were returned in good working order. I know that's what happened with me and several others I compete with. I don't know why they didn't want to admit the problems, but as I told the tech I dealt with, "I don't care. As long as you honor the warranty and fix the problem, we have no issues". They fixed my scopes, both of them and there have been no more problems. I will say that a couple of enterprising gentlemen made a few bucks making scope checkers about that time. Don't know what forum you were on today, but you could do a search on Accurate Shooter and get enough to read to last you a few days. If your NF Competition develops a problem, send it in and they will fix it. You can have confidence in that. I have not heard that the later models had any problems. I think most or all were in the first two years of production. Apparently they figured out what was wrong and fixed it.

Rick

I think

one of those enterprising fellas is Charlie Hood. Probably not a bad thing to have in your arsenal to remove or confirm any doubt of one scope against another.

I have two of them. One is a prototype I probably should not have (it is a long story) and the other a early first year issue. Neither have given me so much as a hint of a problem. bob[

one of those enterprising fellas is Charlie Hood. Probably not a bad thing to have in your arsenal to remove or confirm any doubt of one scope against another.

I believe Charlie was out of that business long before the 2-3 yr. time frame.

I spent the morning on a forum that brought up PAST nightforce problems that the 15-55 competition scopes were having holding zero.
This is the first Ive ever heard of it and I am curious if any of you have had a problem with your 15-55 competiton scope holding zero.
Thanks guys

I bought one cost me two matches - gave it to someone else after NF said it was all me... bought a March and never a problem since.

Is there a way to identify a production year from a serial number or must one contact Nightforce?

I bought one last yr & I’m about to buy another.
The Nightforce 15-55 competition is the best scope going!

Two, three years ago it was fairly common knowledge that the 2013 NF Competition scopes were developing problems holding zero. NF, AFAIK, has never acknowledged that there was a problem. However, scopes that were sent in for repairs were returned in good working order. I know that's what happened with me and several others I compete with. I don't know why they didn't want to admit the problems, but as I told the tech I dealt with, "I don't care. As long as you honor the warranty and fix the problem, we have no issues". They fixed my scopes, both of them and there have been no more problems. I will say that a couple of enterprising gentlemen made a few bucks making scope checkers about that time. Don't know what forum you were on today, but you could do a search on Accurate Shooter and get enough to read to last you a few days. If your NF Competition develops a problem, send it in and they will fix it. You can have confidence in that. I have not heard that the later models had any problems. I think most or all were in the first two years of production. Apparently they figured out what was wrong and fixed it.

Rick

That is not completely true, I have had 5 of them early and later 4 had hold point of impact problems. Some were pronounced and some were minute but it was there. none were fixed, All had the same BS story it was the rings or the base wasn't bedded properly. The rings set 5 records the base was bedded on a Bat B, if I put the March 10-60x 52 on the gun would shoot but it was too dark for my old eyes. That is why I went with them but they have a lot of other issues if you shoot free recoil, and have to see the hits on clay birds at 600 to 1000 yds. The eye box is critical, and at best you have to get back in and on target in 1.5 seconds max. and about half that at 600 so you had to pin it to shoot them. I know some top guys shooting them that had two go south in the same week.......... jim

Back