Nicks on top of the neck

I was blowing this brass out with about 26.7 gr. of 133. Lightly oiled the outside of the case for proper stretch. Case length was 1. 495 lightly chamfered inside and out. When I tried to reload for the second firing, these little nicks started cutting the bullet as it was being seated. The brass actually pushed out to the side like a tear or shard, which protrudes outside so much that it won't chamber.

Instead of trimming the brass about 20 thousandths, I pulled the bullet, ran it through an expander, then put it in a wilson neck die. And ironed it out flat again. It flattened out even better after it got fired for the second time. There was maybe 3 out of 50 cases that are this way.

This is probably an easily answered question. But I would like to know how to eliminate it.

The pictures are after the second firing. Sized and ready to reload. So you don't get the total effect from the picture of the problem when it starts.

Attachments

• IMG_8380.jpg
    IMG_8380.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 299
It's only on one side of the case. I forgot to mention that it is for a 6ppc . I had some other brass that I bought from somebody else that did the same thing and it was hard to get rid of.

Back