New Rock Creek / Muller Works MI barrel install

I may have to try that John. I was having fits with my rifle in the heat in July. Temps are a little cooler here in ME lately & it seems to have settled down. Anyhow I'm glad things have settled down for you as well.
Keith

Keith,

It's not just the 90 degrees + summer temperatures that we deal with here in south Florida. Anytime a vehicle is subject to sitting in direct sunlight for any length of time, the interior temperatures can reach 150 degrees. Any rimfire ammo transported in the non-air conditioned section of the vehicle (trunk) is subject to very intense heat, that can affect accuracy.

Even during the cooler winter months, when temps are in the mid 40's or 50's, most drivers are using the A/C systems in their vehicles during the daylight hours. My biggest concern when using a separate cooler to transport ammo only, is forgetting it a home, then showing up at a match without any ammo to shoot. John

I hope John forgets his cooler for the next match and gives me a chance to win again. Richard

Jerryg22 ... A story in itself...

First, I consider "jerryg22" a good friend and a very good BR shooter ... who almost always shows up at a match un-prepared!

a) Jerry is no "spring chicken" and he still holds a job. So we never see Jerry practicing benchrest shooting at the range.

b) He does not own a set of wind flags.

c) He has the guts to sight in a new scope or rifle during a 10 minute practice / warm up target, prior to the beginning of a USBR match.

d) Buys second hand match ammo on the internet.

e) Shoots a very old Anschutz 54, in a beat up benchrest stock fitted with a standard H.H. tuner.

f) Recently bought a "Scott mid barrel tuner" that he installed and adjusted during a benchrest match.

Bottom line ... at the last two matches he shot extremely good scores and came in Second Place! Leaving a lot of good club shooters, using custom built rifles with top notch actions, by well known smiths, in the dust! Jerry has a lot of us scratching our bald spots? Congrats JerryG, ... John

Back