new NBRSA records

I cant tell but do any of the new records eliminate the one that was in such contention?

Think I know how to solve the contested record matter.

We just need to have a few NBRSA 1K matches here on the east coast. Maybe at Cool Acres, as they've finished the IBS matches? But it could be anybody -- you're not locked into a 10-match schedule with NBRSA.

That would replace a lot of records. Everybody knows the east coast guys can outshoot the west coast guys. Smarter & better looking, too.

I notice none of you want to come to Texas and shoot in the wind. :D
A Texas shooter (Frank Vance) now owns the 12 target score record.

joe

Think I know how to solve the contested record matter.

We just need to have a few NBRSA 1K matches here on the east coast. Maybe at Cool Acres, as they've finished the IBS matches? But it could be anybody -- you're not locked into a 10-match schedule with NBRSA.

That would replace a lot of records. Everybody knows the east coast guys can outshoot the west coast guys. Smarter & better looking, too.

Hell, I will bite on that one, have you looked in the mirror lately? the odds of record breaking may have merit due to the pure number of shooters and ranges towards the east versus the west, but till it happens, purely speculation on your part! Most of the west coasters are smart enough not to put thier pic on next to thier name. That said, I am from the middle of the country so I got the best of both sides!!!

Hell, I will bite on that one, have you looked in the mirror lately? the odds of record breaking may have merit due to the pure number of shooters and ranges towards the east versus the west, but till it happens, purely speculation on your part! Most of the west coasters are smart enough not to put thier pic on next to thier name. That said, I am from the middle of the country so I got the best of both sides!!!

Yes. You're right! We need a long-range East-West shootout!

BTW, it's "their," not "thier" -- This is that "a" sound where "e" goes before "i." Not that you cared.

I put my picture next to my name because some people thought I was a big tough guy. As you can see, I'm just a scrawny old man, trying to promote the sport. I have to leave the "better looking" to the other shooters.

Last edited:
Yes. You're right! We need a long-range East-West shootout!

BTW, it's "their," not "thier" -- This is that "a" sound where "e" goes before "i." Not that you cared.

I put my picture next to my name because some people thought I was a big tough guy. As you can see, I'm just a scrawny old man, trying to promote the sport. I have to leave the "better looking" to the other shooters.

Shux, I screued up on my spelling, sorry! I try to care tho. Somehow I did not pick up on promotion from your post, rather side-ways speculation. Maybe a re-read on your part, you will see what I mean. Ron Tilley

I figure the best way to promote something is to have rivalries -- look at golf, tennis, etc. If us easterners take enough of the NBRSA records, maybe they'll come shoot with us to get 'em back.

They can get in their fancy, new, mile-after-mile-eating vehicles, & we'll get in our old clunkers, and we'll all drive awhile. We'll meet in the middle -- say, Whitehorse, West-by-God-Virginia?

Not to be impolite, but 600 ain't long range. I'll allow it's popular though, and I'll be most curious to see if you Texans can get long range going. Seems like the perfect state for it.

I haven't been to Texas since my mother-in-law moved here from Belton, but we do some work for Texas A&M Press, and I wear their cap at matches, sometimes. (Just to be fair to the other side of the spectrum, we do some work for the University of Texas Press in Austin, too. I unnerstand some Texans don't care for Austin... Me, I like them both.)

Charles I think in your statement you are correct and incorrect at the same time.
It not the University of Texas that some people dont like. It just Austin.
Its the most liberal city in Texas.....I think that kind of explains it.

I figure the best way to promote something is to have rivalries -- look at golf, tennis, etc. If us easterners take enough of the NBRSA records, maybe they'll come shoot with us to get 'em back.

They can get in their fancy, new, mile-after-mile-eating vehicles, & we'll get in our old clunkers, and we'll all drive awhile. We'll meet in the middle -- say, Whitehorse, West-by-God-Virginia?

Or the other way around, you easterners could go out west and take em from the west coast shooters, you seem to want rivalry, its yours for the taking. Still you come off like about 80 grit to me. I could care less who owns any records, and I have, and seen alot made, there will always be somebody taking them any how. Really no rivalry needed, each santioning body has its own rivalry, why induce more. I shot out west for a number of years and saw no fancy, new, mile-after-mile-eating vehicles. per your words, just common folk like the easterners, I would hope. Ron Tilley

Mr. Tilley -- Just three clicks & I'm on your ignore list. Click on my name to go to the "user profile." Click on "add to ignore list." Click "yes, I'm sure."

Done.

Mr. Tilley -- Just three clicks & I'm on your ignore list. Click on my name to go to the "user profile." Click on "add to ignore list." Click "yes, I'm sure."

Done.

Now, what kind of rivalry is that? ignore is too simple, I just want to give a little to you of what you give out! Gee, I hope your not going to ignore that! Ron Tilley

So why not some Postal Matches like they used to run in short range score shooting? I believe they used to have 4 man teams? Then everyone could participate on a similar target.
Rich De

Not that anyone would be interested but the WORLD OPEN is JULY 14 and 15th. Lots of nice prizes. This game you never know who will win.

Joe Salt

I don't know that there exists any current targets? This was something that used to go on in "Hunter class" short range BR. I would guess a target foremat would have to be developed and all santioning bodies use the same targets. Someone would have to be designated to tally all the incoming scores to be posted here. It would just be a way to promote National/International competition? Each club participating would submit their four best scores for their team. The teams, as I recall would establish a kwirky name............i.e. "The Hawk's Ridge Predators" or the "Austrailan Wambats" Just friendly competition and braggin' rights! The results totally separate from IBS, NBRSA or Williamsport. If "Group" was used, then any target would suffice. It could be strictly "Light Gun" (whatever your santioning body determines is a light gun?) I would think that each club would have to establish a roster of say.........................8? could be 10? eligible members (which comprise the team). The best scores from say..............4 or five? would be submitted for the team score. Just a thought? It could be 1,000 yard and/or 600 yard..........two seperate Postal Matches. With the internet now, they could be called Internet Matches vs. the old Postal Matches. :)
Rich De

Last edited:
Back