New Hampshire IR 50/50 venue?

William Colbert

Trying to get an idea of an attendance estimate before I approach my club board about potentially running 50/50 matches at Country Pond Fish and Game Club. After a bit of work I should be able to come up with 10-15 benches. Country Pond is located in Newton, NH. Newton is located near the junction of Interstate 495 and Interstate 95, close to the MA NH boarder (Newburyport MA area and 20 minutes south of Portsmouth NH).
Thanks in advance for your interest,
William Colbert

Last edited:
William, I couldn't commit to all of them but certainly would attend what I could. The ammo cost & free weekends are what would keep me away. It seems like we shot a ton this year & the added matches would only compound that.
As I understand it there may be more matches at CC next year as well which would be a factor in the stated above.
I wish you the best & hope I could make them all but couldn't commit.
Keith

William,
That is only 60 miles from my Weymouth MA house and 140 miles from my Maine camp. Will make all I Can.

Paul Bendix

William,

Welcome aboard, and I'm glad to see another range in NH is finally picking up IR 50/50.

My only suggestion would make is to make sure you coordinate your schedule around those of Capital City (Augusta, ME), Angle Tree Stone (Attleboro, MA), Easthampton (Easthampton, MA), and Salem, NY. I Know Attleboro and Easthampton run theirs on Saturdays, and I think Augusta and Salem usually run theirs on Sundays, so there is lots of room to fit in, even if it's back-to-back with one of the others. As I said, you just want to make sure your schedule doesn't conflict with theirs or your attendance will suffer.

I wish I were still shooting rimfire as this range would only be 45 to 50 minutes away from where I live, which isn't much further than the drive to Pinnacle Mountain where I was the Match Director

Good luck,

Dave Shattuck

I'm Interested William

but the matches will need to fit in with the Augusta matches. I don't plan on shooting as much next season; Will be doing more traveling and other things that need to get done if you know what I mean.

Pete

match.

Understand!
Trying to avoid scheduling conflicts with local clubs. First have to get by the board at my club. Preliminary meeting this Thursday, let's cross our fingers.

best,
W

It is a go!

Spoke with Wayne Wills on Friday, got the thumbs up from him. Country Pond's board gave approval to reserve five dates. Had to book these dates now because the clubs' calendar fills very fast, 5/3, 6/7, 8/2, 9/6 and 10/25. Hope these dates will fit into the local schedule without too much conflict. With only five dates available at Country Pond, talked with Wayne about shooting 4 SOTY and 1 state match. He said, that will work so long as the shooters are initially informed of only offering 4 SOTY's. I will decide which avenue to take, 4 and 1 or 5 SOTY's after some input from the local shooters. Look forward to running these matches and again having an IR50/50 venue in New Hampshire.

Thank You

William,
Thank you for bringing another club into the IR 50/50 schedule. Your efforts are appreciated.

Best,
Michael

I'm really happy to see another Club in N.H. picking up where Pinnacle left off. Good job.

Dave

Back