New forum feature - "Clubs"

Wilbur

cook and bottle washer
Just installed is a forum feature for members to list clubs and supply pertinent info concerning the club to the site visitors. You will find the "Clubs" link in the navigation menu at the top of the forum page. I have entered Kettlefoot Gun Club as an example taking the liberty to enter Cliff Keesee as the contact. I may have to remove that entry if Cliff complains.

That said, here's the deal:

Benchrest Central will create and host a forum and event calendar specifically related to the individual club if requested.

You have to be a registered forum member to fill out the "Add club" form.

If you request a forum and calendar, you will have complete control of both. You will also recieve a notification when a post is entered on your club forum. That way you don't have to monitor the forum to quiclky respond to an inquiry or comment.

Please give it a go as we can always delete anything that causes trouble. Just takes a few minutes and may be helpful to someone looking for a place to shoot. Plenty of upsides and no significant downsides that I can imagine.

So...Click "Clubs", find that "Add club" button and fill out the form with as much info as possible. I'll be waiting to create your new club forum and event calendar.

Alternatively you can go here - http://benchrest.com/dto_clubs.php?do=reg

First registered to forum click "Add Club" button and then fill out complete forum and then "Clubs" options shows in navigation menu on the top of the page in menu bar.

Thanks Wilbur!!

This is a great tool, I hope everyone will use it. One question...how do you edit the info if you want to make corrections?

Sorry Phil - I missed your question for all these days.

I'll figure it out and holler back....

Broke the code!

Click on "Clubs" and then on "Manage Club" in the sub-menu that opens (just under the "Clubs" button)

Back