New falcon (ik) bolt system

J

JOHNATHAN

Here is our new tunable pas ignition system that is now available for the Falcon action. Each action will be supplied with a set of tuning heads for each bolt in 0.5oz/1.0oz/1.5oz and 2.0oz..new falcon bolt 010.jpgnew falcon bolt 011.jpgnew falcon bolt 012.jpgnew falcon bolt 013.jpgnew falcon bolt 014.jpgnew falcon bolt 015.jpg

That's a good question Fred , so Jonathon can the old ones that are in reality still new be converted and what cost is involved ?

Why would I need it

This one go bang every time. Why fix something that ain't broke! Oh, just because........

This one go bang every time. Why fix something that ain't broke! Oh, just because........

Because Calfee said it was the only way they will work. I am with you. If it hits good, is consistent and doesnt have any binding or rubbing, good is good.

Because Calfee said it was the only way they will work. I am with you. If it hits good, is consistent and doesnt have any binding or rubbing, good is good.

Calfee didn't say that at all. I think anyone who was at the indoor nats last week seen that the SAP system does indeed work.

Calfee didn't say that at all. I think anyone who was at the indoor nats last week seen that the SAP system does indeed work.

I couldnt agree with you more, that properly implemented, they work and probably better. Bill has expounded on numberous occasions that a PAS system will always work better, especially when it comes to my new action, which he has never even held. Look at the latest project where he changed his prize slave Falcon over and stated that even though the old SAP was his favorite, it still shot better PAS. I dont buy it if the SAP is properly done. Either PAS or SAP can be done wrong by the way.

I think that the interior finish of the bolt body doesn't get the attention it needs on a lot of actions. I have seen a lot of rough interior surfaces whereas you would think that this area should be as smooth as glass for best results on the target.

I would be interesting to try and add plastic liners to the ID of the bolt body and possibly the OD of the firing pin on systems that have the spring on the OD of the FP.

ETA- I also carefully inspect the tag ends of the FP spring. I don't want it spread out beyond the OD of the spring and no burrs or sharp edges to rub the bolt body of FP shank.

Last edited:
The price for a IK bolt installed into an existing Falcon action is 350.00. we would need the action here in house to do the swap. Customer will need to have the barrel set back. It is way to time consuming to try to match headspace on two different bolts. Supplying different springs would mean individuals disassembling the bolt which always leads to unwanted problems.

Back