New BR Shooter Question.

T

Thin Crust

I'm new to BR, so please forgive my lack of knowledge. I just bought my first Rimfire BR rifle. I've poured over everything I can find regarding a front rest, and I think I've narrowed it down to two. I tried a joystick, and decided it's not for me, so what I'm considering is either a Greenlaw or a Randolph. The Randolph is a bit pricier, but I'm hoping to buy something I'll be happy with as I progress.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are we to assume that

you must shoot a two piece rest and off of sand? What association are you shooting in and what are their rules...

I am new to the game as well & last year I went with the Greenlaw E rest w/ adjustable top. Good rest & works well for me. I went with it to save a few bucks.
The Randolph/Fulgrum rest is much more user friendly with its adjustments. That can save you time which is important at times.
A fellow shooter told me "buy once/cry once" when it comes to the $ factor of stuff. Easier said for some I know but its absolutely fact.
Good luck.
Keith

What association are you shooting in and what are their rules...

I am so new, I'm not sure exactly how to answer. I see you're in Arkansas, so hopefully we'll actually meet someday. I'm in Little Rock.

I am so new, I'm not sure exactly how to answer. I see you're in Arkansas, so hopefully we'll actually meet someday. I'm in Little Rock.

You probably need to stop here a moment and look around at what/where you plan to shoot. Some allow a one piece deal some two piece, which you can use for anything.

From LR you have

two IR 50 shoots close by and ARA up in Fayetteville. For IR 50, you need a two piece....Cowan is a great rest for the money...

If you're in Little Rock, and can come to a Thursday match, drop in & see us at the Benton Gun Club for one of our "Old Friends" matches. We shoot at 9:00 AM every Thursday, and you can get a chance to actually try out both the Greenlaw rests and the Fulghum (Randolph) rest. We have shooters with both, as well as other makes. We usually get there & start sighting in at about 8:00, (and often start the matches early) so come early if you can. We shoot both 50 and 100 yd. matches, all off the bench, and all .22 rimfire. Visit our site at bentongunclub.org and check out the "Old Friends" matches in the "Rifle Matches" section. Visitors are always welcome, and you're always invited to shoot with us!!

--Lloyd

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're in Little Rock, and can come to a Thursday match, drop in & see us at the Benton Gun Club for one of our "Old Friends" matches. We shoot at 9:00 AM every Thursday, and you can get a chance to actually try out both the Greenlaw rests and the Fulghum (Randolph) rest. We have shooters with both, as well as other makes. We usually get there & start sighting in at about 8:00, (and often start the matches early) so come early if you can. We shoot both 50 and 100 yd. matches, all off the bench, and all .22 rimfire. Visit our site at bentongunclub.org and check out the "Old Friends" matches in the "Rifle Matches" section. Visitors are always welcome, and you're always invited to shoot with us!!

--Lloyd

This sounds like a good idea to me. Go there and you'll see what's going on.

Lloyd.....I'm a member of BGC, and will definitely be there Thursday. In fact, it was meeting several of the "Old Friends" that gave me this bug in the first place. I was given the opportunity to shoot someone's rifle, and I was hooked. Started looking for a BR gun immediately after. Thanks, and see you there!

John

Well, shot with the "Old Friends" last Thursday, and ordered a Randolph as soon as I got home. And since I was willing to "settle" for a stock color, it will be here Monday. Thanks for the input all.

We also shoot ARA indoors at Frog Level in DeQueen. The last match of the year is scheduled for next Saturday. You can check the ARA website for directions and details. They're a good bunch of guys and they run a great match.

Go down and shoot an ARA match and have some fun.

Randolph rest

Can someone post thier contact details pls id like to get one but i cant get thier website up

cheers Dave

Back