New A&D scale.

mturner

A&D has just released product information on a new scale that is suitable for precision weighing of powder charges. The resolution in grams is .0002 grams. My guess is that they set the grain resolution to .005 grains. The retail price is $495, so the actual price you pay will be considerably less. Right now, my best guess is that I can sell these for around $325 if anyone is interested.

https://precision.andonline.com/ej-...CGjQ&utm_content=94466599&utm_source=hs_email

Thanks, Michael

Attachments

• A&D scale.jpg
    A&D scale.jpg
    968.1 KB · Views: 401
Just my luck!

A&D has just released product information on a new scale that is suitable for precision weighing of powder charges. The resolution in grams is .0002 grams. My guess is that they set the grain resolution to .005 grains. The retail price is $495, so the actual price you pay will be considerably less. Right now, my best guess is that I can sell these for around $325 if anyone is interested.

https://precision.andonline.com/ej-...CGjQ&utm_content=94466599&utm_source=hs_email

Thanks, Michael

I recently bought a $1600. unit!

Pete

magnetic dampening ? response time
120v power source or ??

Most A&D scales have magnetic damping, or electromagnetic force restoration. If the response time is not listed in the link, then I can't say. This is a new product, and information may be limited. All of the A&D scales I have sold are 120V and 240V power, and some can also use batteries. This model will also run 80 hours from 4 AA batteries without backlight.

Michael

Last edited:
Most A&D scales have magnetic damping, or electromagnetic force restoration. If the response time is not listed in the link, then I can't say.
I have an A&D GF series balance, it uses electromagnetic force restoration. In "live animal" weighing mode, stabilization occurs in about 1.5 seconds. That's pretty quick for weights down to .02 grains (resolving limit for measurements in grains.) "Stabilization Time" of the GF is listed as ~1 second. Response time of the EJ is ~ 5 seconds, which is a lot slower.

Resolution of the EJ-123 model is 0.02 Grains, according to page 40 of the manual ("Other Weighing Units", https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2006/8997/files/EJ_Manual.pdf?14304166017217258250).

Wonder how well the EJ works with an autotrickler unit?

Last edited:
I looked at the features PDF and unless I misunderstood the abreviation, SG refers to strain gauge. Personally I would never invest that much in a SG scale.

I looked at the features PDF and unless I misunderstood the abreviation, SG refers to strain gauge. Personally I would never invest that much in a SG scale.

Why?
Not A trick question, I’m looking for some education here.

If this is what you are referring to, it has nothing to do with strain gauge.

Multiple units of measure: g, oz, lb, ozt, ct, mom, dwt, gr, N, pcs, (counting mode) and % (percent mode), in addition to SG (density mode)*7

Best way to determine the technology, call A&D.

Michael

Last edited:
If this is what you are referring to, it has nothing to do with strain gauge.

Multiple units of measure: g, oz, lb, ozt, ct, mom, dwt, gr, N, pcs, (counting mode) and % (percent mode), in addition to SG (density mode)*7

Best way to determine the technology, call A&D.

Michael

I just got off of the phone with them and it is strain gauge.

From the brochure:
When Your Budget Is Tight but Precision is Non-Negotiable... Forget about those expensive electromagnetic force restoration *1 balances. A&D’s latest load cell technology employed in the EJ series now challenges their expensive offerings. A&D enables a way to spend less without compromising on precision... or functional convenience!

I will say this, based on a crazy cheap Chinese scale that is better than any previous strain gauge scale I have used, huge advances in this technology have been made, so it may be that the differences between the two have become a lot smaller.

A&D has just released product information on a new scale that is suitable for precision weighing of powder charges. The resolution in grams is .0002 grams. My guess is that they set the grain resolution to .005 grains. The retail price is $495, so the actual price you pay will be considerably less. Right now, my best guess is that I can sell these for around $325 if anyone is interested./QUOTE]

The scale that has the .0002 gram resolution has a max capacity of 22 grams. That's about 339 grains. .0002 grams = .003 grains
The FX-120i has a capacity of 122 grams about 1883 grains and a resolution of .001 = .015 grains.
I have the V3 Auto Scale setup for my FX-120i and if I set the scale to run in grams, I can usually keep the drops +/- .001 grams which gives me a +/- .015 grains with VV 133.

Either way you're way less than a tenth of a grain.

I’d bet with a strain gauge you’re back to filtering power and lights and whatever else. The only thing that drifts my FX120 is the A/C. If you need that kind of accuracy buy once and be done with a proven scale.

I guess

I'm glad I spent the Nursing Homes money on my Sartorius. So far it is proving to be all the youtubes say it is. Buy a good one and cry once.

Pete

I have an electric trickler. I'm gonna make a lexan door I can drill a hole big enough for the spout to go through.

Pete

On my GD 503 I cut out a slot in a piece of cardboard for the auto trickler and taped it to the door and close the door and not touch the tube on the trickler. it has worked for 10 years.... jim

I'm not smart enough

On my GD 503 I cut out a slot in a piece of cardboard for the auto trickler and taped it to the door and close the door and not touch the tube on the trickler. it has worked for 10 years.... jim

for a solution like that. I wanted the door to look like I had bored a hole in the glass :). Just my vanity I guess. For we who can't shoot, there has to be something else in it for us :).

Pete

Back